All Things Hank Bachmeier Recruitment Thread

If Bachmeier wants play for Flack he needs to come to Minnesota. I do not see what is so hard to believe about that. I do not like waiting for this culture to develop, but when it finally arrives it will be worth it and many elite young athletes understand that too. Hank appears to one of them.

Harry Styles might be our QB of the future. Maybe that will put some people back in the stands.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

What witchcraft seems to lure all the top quarterbacks to Georgia?

If Bachmeier is going elsewhere it's probably not going to be UGA for depth chart and fit reasons. Highly touted QBs don't want to sit and watch for 3 years.

If Bachmeier is going elsewhere it's probably not going to be UGA for depth chart and fit reasons. Highly touted QBs don't want to sit and watch for 3 years.

Yes- never happens....

Georgia QB signees:
2013 #7 prostyle QB
2014 #6 prostyle QB
2016 #2 prostyle QB
2017 #3 prostyle QB
2018 #1 dual threat QB

Huh... seems that UGA is signing top QBs year after year who are afraid of competition. Sure you can never tell who might stick it out- but to insinuate top QBs are afraid of early competition is ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four-Star QB Hank Bachmeier focusing on four programs

https://247sports.com/Article/Hank-...se-State-Oregon-State-and-Minnesota-115635203

Minnesota - "I love coach Fleck, he's a dynamic guy and a great coach. I have family out there and I have a great connection with the whole coaching staff. I also like the offense and I feel I could have an opportunity to compete for playing time early there."

You have to think we still have a really good chance with that group of 4.

Four-Star QB Hank Bachmeier focusing on four programs

https://247sports.com/Article/Hank-...se-State-Oregon-State-and-Minnesota-115635203

Minnesota - "I love coach Fleck, he's a dynamic guy and a great coach. I have family out there and I have a great connection with the whole coaching staff. I also like the offense and I feel I could have an opportunity to compete for playing time early there."

If these are the final 4, (they probably aren’t) I LOVE our chances. No reason we shouldn’t be favored for him. Why not us? Why not now?

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

I saw this morning that the crystal ball from Goblirsch has Bachmeier going to Boise St and Duggan coming here. I have to wonder if he's thinking Duggan commits here first, forcing Bachmeier to plan B.

I saw this morning that the crystal ball from Goblirsch has Bachmeier going to Boise St and Duggan coming here. I have to wonder if he's thinking Duggan commits here first, forcing Bachmeier to plan B.

Nebraska is heavy into Max Duggan.

Why Boise State? Weather? Scheme fits him best? Girl friend going there, why not the Gophers offer a package deal like possibily Notre Dame with Carroll? Hopefully, the Gophers don't fumble the recruiting and end up losing both Bachmeier and Duggan.

Yes- never happens....

Georgia QB signees:
2013 #7 prostyle QB
2014 #6 prostyle QB
2016 #2 prostyle QB
2017 #3 prostyle QB
2018 #1 dual threat QB

Huh... seems that UGA is signing top QBs year after year who are afraid of competition. Sure you can never tell who might stick it out- but to insinuate top QBs are afraid of early competition is ridiculous

I should have probably explained my point further. For well established programs in a 4 year cycle there's typically a gap year/career backup brought in at some point right? For example I like Cole Kramer a great deal but in reality that's what he's being recruited as. Even the best programs typically don't have more than 2-3 potential starter quality QBs at a time as recruiting 5* or high 4* QBs year after year is borderline impossible. Using Ohio State as an example...Last year J.T. Barrett was the starter, Joe Burrow was the backup/gap year guy while Dwayne Haskins and Tate Martell are the potential starters down the road. It's why they lost Emory Jones to Florida and replaced him with a gap year QB in Matthew Baldwin. It's a cycle and it's the case anywhere there's continued competent QB play.

Part of what's made Georgia so attractive is the instability they've had at QB since Aaron Murray graduated. So the list is impressive but doesn't tell the whole story. The 2014 QB transferring out after a season and the gap year after that led to the 16' and 17' QBs. The 16' QB transferring after the 17' QB took the job due to injury led to the 18' QB. So now you have a situation where a freshman QB led them to the NCG and a generational talent like Fields is waiting in the wings so things will naturally trail off. They'll be looking for a gap year QB this year and if that's Bachmeier then so be it but that's the reasoning behind my comment. Everything you've read about Hank suggests he wants to play early and often which is why I think he's seriously considering schools that aren't blue bloods. He could probably go to Georgia and start down the road as an upperclassman or he could go to a school like Minnesota or similar and start building his NFL resume as an underclassman. All indications are he'll go the latter route.

I should have probably explained my point further. For well established programs in a 4 year cycle there's typically a gap year/career backup brought in at some point right? For example I like Cole Kramer a great deal but in reality that's what he's being recruited as. Even the best programs typically don't have more than 2-3 potential starter quality QBs at a time as recruiting 5* or high 4* QBs year after year is borderline impossible. Using Ohio State as an example...Last year J.T. Barrett was the starter, Joe Burrow was the backup/gap year guy while Dwayne Haskins and Tate Martell are the potential starters down the road. It's why they lost Emory Jones to Florida and replaced him with a gap year QB in Matthew Baldwin. It's a cycle and it's the case anywhere there's continued competent QB play.

Part of what's made Georgia so attractive is the instability they've had at QB since Aaron Murray graduated. So the list is impressive but doesn't tell the whole story. The 2014 QB transferring out after a season and the gap year after that led to the 16' and 17' QBs. The 16' QB transferring after the 17' QB took the job due to injury led to the 18' QB. So now you have a situation where a freshman QB led them to the NCG and a generational talent like Fields is waiting in the wings so things will naturally trail off. They'll be looking for a gap year QB this year and if that's Bachmeier then so be it but that's the reasoning behind my comment. Everything you've read about Hank suggests he wants to play early and often which is why I think he's seriously considering schools that aren't blue bloods. He could probably go to Georgia and start down the road as an upperclassman or he could go to a school like Minnesota or similar and start building his NFL resume as an underclassman. All indications are he'll go the latter route.

Logical answer.

Judging by his comments, as well as, as others I've seen, it appears Boise St. is his favorite.

Judging by his comments, as well as, as others I've seen, it appears Boise St. is his favorite.

I think this is an over use of commas.

Nebraska is heavy into Max Duggan.

Why Boise State? Weather? Scheme fits him best? Girl friend going there, why not the Gophers offer a package deal like possibily Notre Dame with Carroll? Hopefully, the Gophers don't fumble the recruiting and end up losing both Bachmeier and Duggan.

Lots of chatter of hank to Boise and max to MN. That would miss off big red and frost!!

I saw where Washington State offered him. If I were a young QB I would go there. Minnesota’s a great option for him too.

That could just be because Duggan is visiting this weekend.

Top Bottom