All Things Hank Bachmeier Recruitment Thread

I'm guessing that is his grandpa, the family mentioned that he has in MN. I would guess the younger looking guy is his dad. Obviously conjecture.

Sad story about his sister. A gofundme is setup. Best wishes to the family!

I'm guessing that is his grandpa, the family mentioned that he has in MN. I would guess the younger looking guy is his dad. Obviously conjecture.

If you're talking about the guy with glasses and a jacket, you can see the first 2-3 letters of his last name and it isn't Bachmeier. That doesn't necessarily mean he isn't Hank's dad, but it's pretty strong circumstantial evidence. He and Hank also look nothing alike, while Hank looks a lot like Michael. I'm guessing that Michael is his dad.

If you're talking about the guy with glasses and a jacket, you can see the first 2-3 letters of his last name and it isn't Bachmeier. That doesn't necessarily mean he isn't Hank's dad, but it's pretty strong circumstantial evidence. He and Hank also look nothing alike, while Hank looks a lot like Michael. I'm guessing that Michael is his dad.

Dad/Gramps whomever that dude is, is not ****ing around.

4-Star QB Hank Bachmeier Loves Minnesota Visit, 'Strongly Considering the Gophers'

Bachmeier, who has family from Minnesota, took an unofficial visit -- his fourth thus far (Boise State, Cal and Colorado) -- over the weekend, two weeks after Fleck visited him in California. And though the Gophers lost their Big Ten opener to Maryland, he walked away impressed, raving about Fleck and offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Kirk Ciarrocca.

" loved the professional hospitality," he told HERO Sports. "Really related to Coach Kirk from a scheme standpoint . . . they showed me how I fit in."

Minnesota has been dogged by poor quarterback play for years and have never had a player throw for more than 3,000 yards or 25 touchdowns in a season. While their current starter, Conor Rhoda, a former walk-on, has been an upgrade from longtime starter Mitch Leidner, the fifth-year senior threw two interceptions in Saturday's loss.

Bachmeier cited Fleck and the entire university as reasons for an early visit, saying he likes "what's brewing here."

"The program is a sleeping giant as Coach Fleck would say. I can see it. And I believe he will be successful at Minnesota in the future."

If he does commit and sign, he would be their highest-ranked quarterback ever and just their third top-150 recruit since 2005. Bachmeier did not confirm -- or rule out -- an official visit next year, instead saying it's too early to make those plans, but fans will love where the program sits on his priority list.

"I am strongly considering the Gophers," he said.

https://herosports.com/college-football/hank-bachmeier-recruiting-minnesota-considering-gophers-ahah

Go Gophers!!

Commit early so that way you can start recruiting others to come join you at the Gophs.

While their current starter, Conor Rhoda, a former walk-on, has been an upgrade from longtime starter Mitch Leidner, the fifth-year senior threw two interceptions in Saturday's loss.

Is this some sort of a joke? With Leidner at quarterback on Saturday we win by two touchdowns! Someone who knows how to run the option read would have opened up the offense.

While their current starter, Conor Rhoda, a former walk-on, has been an upgrade from longtime starter Mitch Leidner, the fifth-year senior threw two interceptions in Saturday's loss.

Is this some sort of a joke? With Leidner at quarterback on Saturday we win by two touchdowns! Someone who knows how to run the option read would have opened up the offense.

The writer probabbly read Gopher Hole before last weekend.

Gopherholers, please let us all donate to the family if we can and keep them in our prayers. It is heart breaking.

https://www.gofundme.com/ellabachmeier

Hank Bachmeier comes from a great family with Minnesota connections.

Just a reminder to donate to the Bachmeier family on GoFundMe. If you can, even five or ten dollars per Gopherholer will help. Just have one less Caribou or Starbuck coffee. Show them some Minnesota love.

Or actually watched Mitch play.

Oh, you mean Mitch Leidner, the winningest QB in the history of University of Minnesota football? Mitch Leidner, the guy who was drawing NFL paychecks a few weeks ago? Yes, I'm sure Conor Rhoda is an upgrade.

Oh, you mean Mitch Leidner, the winningest QB in the history of University of Minnesota football? Mitch Leidner, the guy who was drawing NFL paychecks a few weeks ago? Yes, I'm sure Conor Rhoda is an upgrade.

Thanks for that. I really do not understand the spitefulness some on GH have for Mitch.

Be thoughtful about donating anything to the Bachmeier family, people. I think the idea that fans and boosters are donating to any recruit's family for any reason is going to send up red flags by the dozens to anyone who finds out about it.

Nope the serious dude is dad. He should learn to smile once in a while. Sheesh- has a kid who's gonna get a full ride. Why be so dour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope the serious dude is dad. He should learn to smile once in a while. Sheesh- has a kid who's gonna get a full ride. Why be so dour.

His 16 year old daughter is very vey sick and a full time resident in a hospital.

Thanks for that. I really do not understand the spitefulness some on GH have for Mitch.

I complained about Mitch in the past, but he was head and shoulders above what we have this year. It's proven because the guys we have this year couldn't beat Mitch out.

My bigger criticism was of the old coaching staff and their inability to recruit anyone better who they actually wanted to play.

I complained about Mitch in the past, but he was head and shoulders above what we have this year. It's proven because the guys we have this year couldn't beat Mitch out.

My bigger criticism was of the old coaching staff and their inability to recruit anyone better who they actually wanted to play.

Tired old bit. Don't feed the troll.

Ant more feedback on how the visit went?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can someone please ask this young man how close he is to making a decision and what his timeline for making a decision looks like?

His 16 year old daughter is very vey sick and a full time resident in a hospital.

I completely realize that and it completely sucks to have to watch any family member, especially a child, go through any illness like autoimmune encephalitis- however you have to be able to experience the joy of watching another child flourish. You may think it's easy for me to say... but I deal with sick children and their families every day.

Can someone please ask this young man how close he is to making a decision and what his timeline for making a decision looks like?

It's no time soon.

Top Bottom