MTSU starting QB (and coaches son) undergoing MRI

FWIW, the referee for the Buffalo game was Greg Sujack. He is a former MAC official now a Big 10 ref.

Ah, maybe that was it. I could have sworn they said they were MAC officials on the BTN coverage, but maybe I misheard them mentioning that fact.

Having #B1Grefs will not help the Gophers, if in fact that's the case Saturday. History has repeatedly shown that #B1Grefs will screw the Gophers more than our opponent, regardless of the opponent or location.

Exactly. They definitely won't do us any favors.

So what's the word on their QB?

As of Thursday still no word. He remains listed at the top of the depth chart. Like I mentioned previously I expect him to play unless the injury is debilitating. If he doesn't play they probably won't make that decision until Saturday morning.

Starting to hear that he is not going to play. Feared worse case scenario I described earlier appears to be the case. It's not definitive yet; however, I would put the chances that he plays at less than 5%.

Without him, we won't move the ball, you guys will have a short field all day, and will win 42-3 or something like that.

Starting to hear that he is not going to play. Feared worse case scenario I described earlier appears to be the case. It's not definitive yet; however, I would put the chances that he plays at less than 5%.

Without him, we won't move the ball, you guys will have a short field all day, and will win 42-3 or something like that.

Where on the body is this injury? Shoulder? Or is this something new.

So he played after the injury with good success but now may be out due to the same injury this week? Obviously that would be a HUGE loss for the Raiders and all the humidity tolerance in the world may not be enough.

Big, if true.

Doubt we'll know Stockstill's status until gametime, and if he plays we won't know how healthy he is until after a couple drives. MTSU obviously knows but has no reason to release any info on his condition.

Of course the issue isn't simply whether he'll play. If he plays but isn't really at 100%, that's not going to help MTSU much.

Personally, this game would've been more interesting and helpful to our team's development if it featured Croft vs Stockstill, but now might have neither.

It will be a bit disappointing if he cannot play. We'd want our defense tested before the start of B1G.

But, why play him and risk the entire season? I can't blame the coaches if they decided to let him heal.

I hope he's okay (long-term) but I hope he is out for our game. Turns it from a toss-up to a likely win for us.

It's not a toss-up by anyone reputable. The current point spread is 10/10.5. Using Sagarin as a predictor, we should win by about 14. But I know these pieces of information don't fit into your schtick, so carry on.

I see the point of wanting the defense tested, giving them a bit of adversity to learn from, but at the same time, if we can truly stretch to a big lead (something like 30+ points) and rest starters, avoiding injuries before the conference season could be just as valuable.

No idea. Don't know her. No one goes by that handle on either of our boards. I think you guys got trolled.

I see the point of wanting the defense tested, giving them a bit of adversity to learn from, but at the same time, if we can truly stretch to a big lead (something like 30+ points) and rest starters, avoiding injuries before the conference season could be just as valuable.

There are positives to him playing vs not playing.

Frankly, I'd take the 30+ points and get our backups some playing time. A positive note to begin the B1G season. The bye week is a nice segue into the Maryland game. They get an extra week of practice and healing time. Seth Green will get as much snaps at center as much as possible.

But, MTSU is a dangerous team that cannot be taken for granted even without their starting QB.

It's not a toss-up by anyone reputable. The current point spread is 10/10.5. Using Sagarin as a predictor, we should win by about 14. But I know these pieces of information don't fit into your schtick, so carry on.

Sagarin is garbage. I know you aren't going off that right? Especially incompetent this early in the year. We were also 9/10 point underdogs to Syracuse. You would be better to go off predictions made by the writers (sans Athlon because it is run by Vandy grads and they hate us). Vegas hasn't caught up to how much we are improved on defense. With the 100% improvement in the defense from a year ago and all the weapons we have on offense it most likely would have been a close game. I know that's hard to accept with a team that has a name that screams inferior but we have a very good athletics department with a great vision for being a top non-power program in the key sports. That said, I just can't get there with the backup running the offense tomorrow. As you might imagine QB recruiting didn't go well after Brent Stockstill decided to play at MT.

Thank you guys for allowing me to post to your board. Good luck rest of the season.

So if it is the next QB in line, what is his strength?
Thank you for posting here

Sagarin is garbage. I know you aren't going off that right? Especially incompetent this early in the year. We were also 9/10 point underdogs to Syracuse. You would be better to go off predictions made by the writers (sans Athlon because it is run by Vandy grads and they hate us). Vegas hasn't caught up to how much we are improved on defense. With the 100% improvement in the defense from a year ago and all the weapons we have on offense it would most likely would have been a close game. I just can't get there with the backup running the offense. As you might imagine QB recruiting didn't go well after Brent Stockstill decided to play at MT.

Thank you guys for allowing me to post to your board. Good luck rest of the season.

So to recap:
- Sagarin is unreliable this early, don't trust it
- Athlon has it out for MTSU, don't trust it
- Vegas hasn't kept up with the intricate details of the MTSU defense, don't trust it

Any other predictions we should throw out, MTRaider?

Sagarin is garbage. I know you aren't going off that right? Especially incompetent this early in the year. We were also 9/10 point underdogs to Syracuse. You would be better to go off predictions made by the writers (sans Athlon because it is run by Vandy grads and they hate us). Vegas hasn't caught up to how much we are improved on defense. With the 100% improvement in the defense from a year ago and all the weapons we have on offense it most likely would have been a close game. I know that's hard to accept with a team that has a name that screams inferior but we have a very good athletics department with a great vision for being a top non-power program in the key sports. That said, I just can't get there with the backup running the offense tomorrow. As you might imagine QB recruiting didn't go well after Brent Stockstill decided to play at MT.

Meh. Sagarin is by no means Gospel, but on the aggregate it's been very accurate. If it were garbage, it wouldn't line up almost exactly with Vegas point spreads every week. Vegas doesn't put out gambling lines for funsies.

I'm by no means discounting your team, and would not be shocked to see you pull the upset (if Stockstill is playing). That said, I expect us to win by 14-17 points - something like 34-17.

So to recap:
- Sagarin is unreliable this early, don't trust it
- Athlon has it out for MTSU, don't trust it
- Vegas hasn't kept up with the intricate details of the MTSU defense, don't trust it

Any other predictions we should throw out, MTRaider?

Yes, don't act like the Syracuse, Missouri and Georgia Tech fans we've encountered over the last few years. Or like you guys did earlier this year during the NCAA Tournament. I read those threads too.

So if it is the next QB in line, what is his strength?
Thank you for posting here

He's probably has a littler stronger arm than Stockstill, but when he came in off the bench last year after Brent broke his collarbone, he was an interception machine. He got better as he got more time but then he got hurt. We actually did not use a QB for the final game of the year. We scored 77 points on FAU basically running the wildcat the entire game with Richie James. I think you can probably expect to see that. The offensive line was one of the best in the country last year though. This year the line has been going through some growing pains. Good adjustments made last week especially at halftime to help the OL out, but the backup isn't going to be able to read the defense as quick as Brent. If he's under duress then he's going to throw interceptions. He just will. So, I would anticipate a lot of quick screens and probably getting Richie touches in the wildcat.

Yes, don't act like the Syracuse, Missouri and Georgia Tech fans we've encountered over the last few years. Or like you guys did earlier this year during the NCAA Tournament. I read those threads too.

I will never post again, knowing you are out there taking names and shaming all the dumb people like me on opposing team's fan boards. Thanks for the warning.

Meh. Sagarin is by no means Gospel, but on the aggregate it's been very accurate. If it were garbage, it wouldn't line up almost exactly with Vegas point spreads every week. Vegas doesn't put out gambling lines for funsies.

I'm by no means discounting your team, and would not be shocked to see you pull the upset (if Stockstill is playing). That said, I expect us to win by 14-17 points - something like 34-17.

The Vegas line is almost 100% accurate. It almost always gets the money split evenly between the two teams. If not, they couldn't build those $ billion monuments to suckers. Remember, their line could give a sh*t who wins or by how much. How much is bet on MTSU and how much on the Gophers? Too much on team "A"? Raise the spread for team "B", even if it makes no football sense at all.

The Vegas line is almost 100% accurate. It almost always gets the money split evenly between the two teams. If not, they couldn't build those $ billion monuments to suckers. Remember, their line could give a sh*t who wins or by how much. How much is bet on MTSU and how much on the Gophers? Too much on team "A"? Raise the spread for team "B", even if it makes no football sense at all.

I'm aware of all of this, thank you.

He's probably has a littler stronger arm than Stockstill, but when he came in off the bench last year after Brent broke his collarbone, he was an interception machine. He got better as he got more time but then he got hurt. We actually did not use a QB for the final game of the year. We scored 77 points on FAU basically running the wildcat the entire game with Richie James. I think you can probably expect to see that. The offensive line was one of the best in the country last year though. This year the line has been going through some growing pains. Good adjustments made last week especially at halftime to help the OL out, but the backup isn't going to be able to read the defense as quick as Brent. If he's under duress then he's going to throw interceptions. He just will. So, I would anticipate a lot of quick screens and probably getting Richie touches in the wildcat.

The box score for that game is insane:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400869417

You should have watched it. Unlike anything I've ever seen before. That's how bad Tyrone Nix' defense was last year. the Shafer hire was a coup. From USA Today...

James finished with 22 carries for a career-high 207 yards and three scores, four catches for 120 yards and a touchdown and was 5-of-6 passing for 76 yards. He broke his own single-season record for receiving yards with 1,463.

Holding teams to mid twenty points is not the definition of a good defense. Vandy's offense = not good. All of Syracuse = dumpster fire. 2016 Missouri = dumpster fire. Nobody on the 2017 MTSU roster played in that victory over a 7-6 Georgia Tech. This ain't basketball, sweetheart. I respect your QB and WR, but your defense hasn't earned squat. Best of luck with MTSU's TOP tomorrow.

Can't believe the dicks on this board when an opposing fan comes on here and is nothing but respectable and giving good insight. Makes you guys look like big time ass clowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom