P.J. Fleck names Conor Rhoda starting quarterback

I think someone else said this, but I'll second it. If Croft is going to play, it can't just be a situation where he comes in and runs the ball. if you do that, you'll telling the defense what you're going to do.

If Croft plays, he has to be able to run the entire offense - and the coaches have to allow him to run the entire offense. Otherwise, you might as well put Rodney Smith at Wildcat.

And - Fleck made that point pre-season, that both QB's would run the same system = that he would not have different systems for different QB's.

I think someone else said this, but I'll second it. If Croft is going to play, it can't just be a situation where he comes in and runs the ball. if you do that, you'll telling the defense what you're going to do.

If Croft plays, he has to be able to run the entire offense - and the coaches have to allow him to run the entire offense. Otherwise, you might as well put Rodney Smith at Wildcat.

And - Fleck made that point pre-season, that both QB's would run the same system = that he would not have different systems for different QB's.

Precisely. Fleck is trying to set up the QBs for the future. Every QB on roster runs the same system, so that when we require them to play they know what to do, and the opponent can't go "So and So is in, so they are going to run it" or something of the sort.

It's interesting because I had the exact opposite perception of his body language last summer. Just seemed uncomfortable but obviously this is going off video snippets and I have never talked to or been around either one. Maybe neither is a "natural leader" in the traditional sense. In any case, it's probably not as critical IMO as PJ thinks. Do the guys respect them behind closed doors? That's what really matters. Let's take a poll.

I should clarify that mine was more related to non eleven on eleven drills and the brief transition between drills. Just seemed more engaged with others and more vocal.

According to PJ the decision to run the read option or a PA pass is made by the coaches on the sideline before the ball is snapped (when they all are staring at the sideline before the snap, I would suspect). Maybe what you said is what RPO is, but I don't believe that is what the Gophers have been doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily Gopher must have been reading this thread...

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2017...ootball-seminar-what-is-a-rpo-run-pass-option

Top Bottom