Receivers

#93fanclub

Reaction score
So far I am certainly pleased with the passing game, especially our now apparent willingness to hit crossing routes over the middle. Noticeably absent from our passing game so far are Still and Lingen. Wozniak had a couple of grabs in game one. Will we see more of them or will Johnson, Douglas and Carter be the go to guys this year? Your opinions will be much appreciated.

Woz had a nasty drop with Buffalo didn't he?

Not ready to give him a lot of high fives yet.

Lingen has had some targets. With TJ drawing more attention after 2 big games someone will have to step up and catch some balls that's for sure. Douglas looks like the front runner right now getting some good targets. Hopefully Still can step up as he seems to have the tools.

If I recall correctly, Woz had 1 catch and 1 really bad drop in game 1 vs Buffalo. Looked like last year. Not interested in throwing any more to him. I would like to see them utilize Lingen more tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've gotta imagine Lingen will be MUCH more active in B1G play as teams start to gameplan for Johnson. I'm excited that the staff is so high on Douglas, so perhaps he'll begin to shine. They're giving him plenty of chances early in the season, although he hasn't yet done anything that's caught my eye (other than getting up after getting absolutely destroyed on a play Saturday). Don't know what's up with Still...seems to be in the doghouse. Work ethic? I was really excited to see what the staff could do with him. Hoping he becomes another weapon in B1G play after Johnson and Lingen.

Maybe we should start a thread: Still and the current regime

Douglas had a nice first down catch vs OSU but there was a flag on the play

I would think that teams keying in on T Johnson will open up opportunities for other receivers and tight ends.

We may also see more passes to the running backs like the one to R Smith. Sooner or later, TJ will make other receivers come out.

PJF and company must have some surprises cooking for B1G play.

Douglas looks too small to me.

Well - he is a true freshman. I can't imagine that he won't develop into someone who is at least KJ Maye's size. I wish Fleck had more to work with and could redshirt Douglas but reality is reality.

Fleck is pretty high on his corp of receivers coming in next year and Autman-Bell may redshirt. The group should evolve greatly each coming season.

I also think that splitting time at QB has forced fewer reps to all receivers by each QB....now that Rhoda is the starter and will get 70%+ of the reps, he may get better chemistry with Lingen and others. Plus more of the passing plays can be installed...I don't think he has checked to a pass from a run yet this year...that is the next evolution...seeing a match up in the passing game and checking to it.

I think TJ running the post could open up opportunities for whoever is outside of him, running a go route.

I expected the wide receivers to improve as a group and they have not disappointed.

Anybody besides me enjoy NO illegal motion penalties and NO offsides?

I've gotta imagine Lingen will be MUCH more active in B1G play as teams start to gameplan for Johnson. I'm excited that the staff is so high on Douglas, so perhaps he'll begin to shine. They're giving him plenty of chances early in the season, although he hasn't yet done anything that's caught my eye (other than getting up after getting absolutely destroyed on a play Saturday). Don't know what's up with Still...seems to be in the doghouse. Work ethic? I was really excited to see what the staff could do with him. Hoping he becomes another weapon in B1G play after Johnson and Lingen.

Still was on the field a lot. Noticeable improvement blocking. He seemed "all in."

Still was on the field a lot. Noticeable improvement blocking. He seemed "all in."

Wasn't he an Army Brat moving all over and starting late in football? If I remember, there was a buzz about him being a 2* hidden gem project in the 2015 recruiting class.

He's got the physical gifts. It is a matter of time before he gets his groove.

Top Bottom