Penalty Question

gopher_alum_2005

Reaction score
I was watching the game Saturday and was curious about one of the calls so wondering if any rules aficionados out there.

After kicking an extra point the Beavers were called for a Roughing the Kicker penalty that allowed us to kick from the 50. After the penalty, Carpenter kicked off and was trying to pin the Beavers and he kicked the ball out of bounds and got flagged for it. The first play for the Beavers was still at the 20 yard line and not the 35. Is there a variance in the rule?

Just curious

I was watching the game Saturday and was curious about one of the calls so wondering if any rules aficionados out there.

After kicking an extra point the Beavers were called for a Roughing the Kicker penalty that allowed us to kick from the 50. After the penalty, Carpenter kicked off and was trying to pin the Beavers and he kicked the ball out of bounds and got flagged for it. The first play for the Beavers was still at the 20 yard line and not the 35. Is there a variance in the rule?

Just curious
I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that the penalty is enforced somehow from the kicking LOS.

Just curious
Good question. I was wondering the same thing...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just curious

The rule is 30 yards from where the ball was kicked...so if the kick comes from the 35 the ball goes to the 35, since they had the 15 yard penalty, it came from the 50 and went to the 20. Pretty smart coaching by Fleck & Co to go for a coffin corner and try and pin them deep...because if it goes out of bounds no biggie.

Top Bottom