7 years ago today...

Remember, Brewster wasn't hired until mid January (Mason was let go after the bowl game). At this time all the coaching changes have been made. An impossible situation for Brewster. (Also for the U}
He wasn't a college coach so didn't have a staff to bring with him. How he did what he did is a wonder.

This! His agent should have negotiated more time for him. My guess is that he was trying to appease Maturi and get into TCF as a winning program. After 2007 he went way too heavy on the Jucos and actually had some success. Most forget how good the defense was with Ted Roof compared to what was here before.

And 5 years ago today Lennay Kekua died.

She was America's Princess Di

RIP Angel

Western Michigan isn't in the Big Ten. Plenty of coaches at non-power 5 schools with not great experience. Not many in the Big Ten.

Look at recent hires around the conference.

Without researching, I can think of 1-2 Big Ten Coaches with zero coordinating experiences - Pat Fitzgerald and Kirk Ferentz (although I think he was a DC for 1-2 years at a really small school that I can't think of in the mid 70s).

Without researching, I can think of 1-2 Big Ten Coaches with zero coordinating experiences - Pat Fitzgerald and Kirk Ferentz (although I think he was a DC for 1-2 years at a really small school that I can't think of in the mid 70s).

I'm also not sure those are recent hires.

Ferentz was in 1999. He was also the head coach at Maine from 1990-92 which is D1? or was it AA then?

Fitzgerald was hired in 2006. He had no previous HC or coordinator experience. He was also young (31) and has been great there overall.

Top Bottom