Gophers are one of eight teams that haven't allowed a sack yet this season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

On top of competition, I feel like that is also because both QBs have chosen to bail out at the right times.... they're really not hanging in there forever.

I'm not going to look, but we fall into the Georgia Tech Category. When you pass 9 times a game, you don't give up many sacks. It's misleading.

Pretty hard for a defense to get a sack when the QB only drops back 8 times the whole game.

Amazing how when the quarterback gets the ball out on time they get sacked less

Pretty hard for a defense to get a sack when the QB only drops back 8 times the whole game.

The Gophers have attempted 40 passes in 2 games, and have had QB scrambles that we're all drop backs. So not sure where you're getting 8 per game from

Rhoda has really good instinct in the pocket. He bails before the defense has a chance to get to him. And as mediocre as the O-line play has been.....the pass protection has been quite good.

I'm not going to look, but we fall into the Georgia Tech Category. When you pass 9 times a game, you don't give up many sacks. It's misleading.

Only 7 other schools have zero sacks allowed, but 21 other schools have fewer pass attempts than Minnesota.

Sort of on topic: It looks like Fleck has said that Weyler will "be all right." This is huge, in my opinion. As flawed as our starting OL is, our backups are obviously worse.

The Gophers have attempted 40 passes in 2 games, and have had QB scrambles that we're all drop backs. So not sure where you're getting 8 per game from

The 8 clearly came from Rhoda's pass attempts in the last game.

Top Bottom