Nebraska

walleyeking

Reaction score
How many die hard fans want their old coach Pelini back?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Their hires since Osborne have been brutal outside of Pelini.

They need a PJ Fleck hire.

I need to chime in on this one because I am a Gopher that lives in Husker territory (Omaha). They have screwed themselves and I love watching them suffer. They have no patience for rebuilding and a terrible fans (despite how they brag about being the best). Yes, everyone seems to travel to Lincoln on Saturday but it has become a throw-up drunk fest and not a place I would want to take my family. They are the epitome of what happens when there is one thing to live for in the state. I miss Minnesota and can't wait to retire back in my home state.

One of my favorite GopherHole posts ever was when Nebraska had a coaching vacancy and this website was full of rumors about Jerry Kill.

Someone posted:

"I just saw Jerry Kill in Nebraska".

Someone else replied:

"There are thousands of people in Nebraska that look like Jerry Kill".

Very true.

I miss Bo Pellini and his cat, the Broken Chair Trophy, and Faux Pellini!

I miss Bo Pellini and his cat, the Broken Chair Trophy, and Faux Pellini!

Faux Pellini. Still on twitter and still hilarious. A must follow. Will make you laugh out loud for real.

Also I think the chair is back right? Thought we were talking about that in another thread.

I thought it was confiscated and destroyed by the Husker Nazi Authorities last year.

I thought it was confiscated and destroyed by the Husker Nazi Authorities last year.

Yes - "I don't know where it is." According to Coach Reilly.
Then, someone on GH made a new one for this season and is bringing it to the game. I think anyways.

One of my favorite GopherHole posts ever was when Nebraska had a coaching vacancy and this website was full of rumors about Jerry Kill.

Someone posted:

"I just saw Jerry Kill in Nebraska".

Someone else replied:

"There are thousands of people in Nebraska that look like Jerry Kill".

Very true.

?[emoji23]?[emoji23]

This is not the nineties. It is hard to cheat with steroids this day in age. They had not accepted the reality that they are pretty much like everyone else.

I need to chime in on this one because I am a Gopher that lives in Husker territory (Omaha). They have screened themselves and I love watching them suffer. They have no patience for rebuilding and a terrible fans (despite how they brag about being the best). Yes, everyone seems to travel to Lincoln on Saturday but it has become a throw-up drunk fest and not a place I would want to take my family.
Sounds like an NFL game. Vikings, Packers etc..........

Rest assured that the trophy will be back this year in some way or another. I've been working with some Husker fans that have made a new trophy. Plans will be made public soon. Even if the schools don't buy in, this is going to be a lasting fan tradition at least. There's some other stuff I can't share yet because it's not official, but this is gonna be fun!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Rest assured that the trophy will be back this year in some way or another. I've been working with some Husker fans that have made a new trophy. Plans will be made public soon. Even if the schools don't buy in, this is going to be a lasting fan tradition at least. There's some other stuff I can't share yet because it's not official, but this is gonna be fun!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Please be true!

Yes - "I don't know where it is." According to Coach Reilly.
Then, someone on GH made a new one for this season and is bringing it to the game. I think anyways.

It was a husker fan on Reddit who made the new one

There is no Husker Football Program. That train left about 20 years ago. The black shirts are ghosts, and when you commit to sling it around, give up 4 ints and offer no defense this is a recipe for a long season. See Joe Salem.

The funny thing is, Husker fans still think they are a top tier program. I was at the game in Eugene and talked to a lot of their fans (they do travel insanely well) and they are just confused as to why they are not a dominant team anymore.

Also, they still cheer like made for the black shirts...who have given up 78 points in two games.

Best case scenario we beat them like a red jersey'd stepchild this year which prompts a coach firing and Spielman's kid transfers back without having to sit out a year. :)

Top Bottom