What grade do you give the Gophers coaching staff in their first road game together?

What grade do you give the Gophers coaching staff in their first road game together?

• A

Votes: 92 75.4%
  • B

Votes: 27 22.1%
  • C

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • D

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Whoever don't don't give the highest possible grade on the poll isn't a fan.

Can't give them anything less than an A. They beat the spread by 36.5 points. Especially after a lackluster performance against Buffalo, this squad answered the call. This team was prepared and had a plan. I wish they got the passing game open more, but they just dominated by running game and they kept their foot on the gas. That is not something we are accustomed to seeing with the Gophers. Can't wait to see what the rest of the season brings with this team! Gotta get through Irma tomorrow night and then look forward to seeing what this team can accomplish the rest of the year

Definitely an A. These boys were fired up and came to play. You can tell the playbook is still thin and implementing will take time but they look well coached.

Robb Smith has been tremendous with in-game adjustments. I don't think we've given up a point in the second half yet this season. Just 2 games but encouraging nonetheless. Another real test against MTSU next week who gave the Cuse hell. Looking forward to it.

Impressive! Awesome! Very Well done! Well prepared team! Like the decision to just grind away on the ground.

Gave them a solid A.

Halftime adjustments, especially defensively, have been spot-on through the first two weeks. And the level of improvement from last week to this week was very impressive. If that continues, it'll bode well for the future.

Cru4In.png

On the Croft TD run, 11 defenders within 10 yards and no defenders to the outside of the TE to the right. PERFECT time to run that play, and perfect time for Croft to keep after the defense bit on the fake!

duh, an A. Can't believe some people voted less than that. Were they expecting the Gophers to put up 60? They possibly could have done that, but put the brakes on and ran the clock most of the 2nd half, as 98% of college teams would do at that point.

I don't care how bad the Beavers have been the past few years. They are a PAC-12 team, and PAC-12 is big boy football.

Solid win on the road. Great not to see a lot of procedure penalties; improvements from last week; lots of spirit and energy on both sides of the ball. QBs getting better; defense dominant in 2nd half. Didn't show much on offense, but didn't have to (tho Croft's run was a beauty, in terms of conception and execution, making up for the earlier fumble). We'll need both QBs in a physically rugged B10 schedule, so he needs snaps + Rhoda won't be here next year.

Definite A. That is what a well coached team looks like on the field.

Someone's voted D.. lol.... I love GopherHole.

A+. They had them ready to go on the west coast. I've seen many teams lay an egg in that situation.

A all the way! This is a sign of good coaching...getting a team that played poorly to respond on the road. O line was much better. Need to keep playing together and jelling and implement more offense and we will see what happens. As stated before enjoy the season!

Dumb Poll. We all know it was an A. The team was very disciplined, extremely well prepared, and executed fairy well (run game struggled some, but hey?). Additionally they called plays that got the ball to our playmakers more and more. I would have liked to see more passing, but it wasn't needed so can't really fault them. Well done Team PJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was a great win and the coaches had them ready.
Gave them a B, but would say a B+, because I feel they can be even better.

I gave them a B because of the 2nd quarter. Otherwise an easy A+. I want to see them to play complete games. I think we will.

Wanted to give a B+ but I couldn't, so settled for a Solid B. If you go back and read the comments during the game there were quite a few comments made wondering why the Gophers didn't do this and that. Examples: Fake punk, should have had covered better, fair catch inside the 5 etc. Coaching or players learning? Not sure.

I give it a B, but mostly because the o-line looked like crap during the first half, and we had a QB give up a stupid fumble and let them right into the game.
Fleck seems to be promptly addressing just about every issue with his team which is nice to see.
I think that this team has a long way to go still, and I think it would be a disservice to Fleck to say he gets an "A" for that game.
This guy is going places, so I'll save my "A" for what I hope he's going to do next.

Also going to be interesting to see how he handles practice this week given the long flight, classes starting, etc.
It will be pretty telling to see how he handles this MTSU team on a short week.
MTSU is going to be the best team we've played so far, OSU might have been a good road test, but MTSU should force a little more game-planning and scheming.
And he doesn't have an extended week to do it.

Wanted to give a B+ but I couldn't, so settled for a Solid B. If you go back and read the comments during the game there were quite a few comments made wondering why the Gophers didn't do this and that. Examples: Fake punk, should have had covered better, fair catch inside the 5 etc. Coaching or players learning? Not sure.

So the Gophers coaching staff is getting docked for OSU's mistakes now too?

5mY5re.png

Top Bottom