[POST GAME THREAD] Minnesota defeats Oregon State 48 - 14

Pretty sure it's not a read option you're seeing. At least not the type where the QB can take off with it at any time.

I liked when Croft did a little rowing the boat gesture after his TD.

Yes, the OSU fans were friendly both before and after the game. They have been through a lot, rather like us, and know they have a number of reasons to be humble. I thought it interesting that the Gophers only struggled when it was raining, which coincided exactly with the 2nd quarter. It stopped raining during half time and didn't resume. Hats off to the vast majority of Gopher folks who stayed and yelled throughout. A second half without suspense was so welcome!

Something Ryan Burns has always stressed in his podcast is the need for "explosive plays" on offense (I forget if he defined them as 15+ or 20+ yard plays) to take the next step as a program. I can start to see that potential early in this season thanks to Tyler Johnson. I don't recall really seeing this type of deep pass threat potential in previous seasons going back to Weber/Decker.

Another explosive play that was exciting to see last night was the pass to Rodney Smith in the flat in the first quarter that went for a first down and more. Mostly because it looked so god damned easy.

I'm watching the game on TV even though I was there. Easier to see stuff you miss from the seats.

That chainsaw is very loud on TV.

I'm watching the game on TV even though I was there. Easier to see stuff you miss from the seats.

That chainsaw is very loud on TV.

I'm hoping the chainsaw noise was live and that Benny the Beaver had a real saw mic'd up for the crucial moments.

Top Bottom