What do you think of the Gophers all white uniforms vs Oregon St?

What do you think of the Gophers all white uniforms vs Oregon St?

• Love them!

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Hate them!

Votes: 16 12.2%
  • As long as the players like them.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • Just beat Wisconsin already, it's been long enough.

Votes: 20 15.3%

• Total voters
The all white uniforms aren't something I'd like to see often, but would be fine as a change of pace on the road every few seasons. Didn't we wear all white (possibly with maroon helmets) on a one shot basis either in the waning days of Brewster, the Jeff Horton caretaker regime or early on in Jerry Kill's tenure?

The all white uniforms aren't something I'd like to see often, but would be fine as a change of pace on the road every few seasons. Didn't we wear all white (possibly with maroon helmets) on a one shot basis either in the waning days of Brewster, the Jeff Horton caretaker regime or early on in Jerry Kill's tenure?

We wore the all-whites on October 9, 2010 in Madison - Brewster's penultimate game as Gophers head coach.

oct-09-2010-madison-wisconsin-united-states-of-america-minnesota-wide-djwnha.jpg

I'm all for mixing up the tops, bottoms and helmets if it helps confuse our opponents.

Finally the Brewster-era white game helmet in my living room doesn't look so dated.

I generally don't like all white. But given that, these were the best all white I saw all week-end. I think Maryland or someone else wore all white and they looked terrible compared to ours.

Given that we are headed towards wearing different uniforms every game, and the fact that this thread is still surviving, Gopherhole will eventually be nothing but a fashion blog.

I like the white helmet. I'm old, so I remember the old white jersey/gold pants look that went along with the white helmets of that era.

Here's a link to a site with a lot of history about Gopher football, including the various uniform combinations: http://www.gopherjerseys.com/quick-history.html

I thought I wouldn't like them from the mock up, but on the field they looked pretty good truth be told.

Top Bottom