Gophers commit Josh Aune runs for six TDs, 334 yards

hungan1

Reaction score
Per Pioneer Press:

""Highland Park senior Josh Aune, a Gophers commit, rushed 18 times for for 334 yards and six touchdowns — three of which were over 50 yards — to lead the Scots (1-1) to victory. This is Aune’s first year at running back for the Scots (1-1) after previously playing receiver.

Defensively, he added 12 tackles, two sacks and a fumble recovery.

“Only one other time in 27 years have I seen anything like that,” Scots coach Dave Zeitchick said of the performance. “We just made the commitment that we’re going to get him the ball. … Win or lose, we were going to get him the ball as many times as we can, and he stepped up.”"

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/08/high-school-football-gophers-commit-josh-aune-runs-for-six-tds-334-yards-in-highland-parks-win-over-fridley/

Feels good to see some good football come out of my neighborhood [emoji1319][emoji1319]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being a Highland grad, it's great to see a Scot doing great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who was the last Highland player to play for the Gophers?

It doesn't really matter how good Fridley is...Aune has to be a pretty special athlete to just move to running back and post those numbers. I know the recruiting ratings don't show it, but might he be our best recruit in a year or two of settling in with the Gophers?

Top Bottom