***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT OREGON STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I don't know why you or anyone else is expecting the Beavers to play at a better level tonight. There are zero signs of this being the case.

Wow, were you right. Credit to the Gophers for playing stout aggressive D, but I'm surprised at how inept Oregon State continues to be running the ball this year and how much quit they have shown.

They may count the same, but there's a pretty significant difference in how the team played tonight and how the team played against Rutgers last year.

It's not just about the W, but about how the team performed.

Seriously? Why even make that comparison?

Go back to that Rutgers game last year. We were up 21-3 at end of the first quarter and were totally dominating the game. My guess is at that point the players started believing all they had read during the week about how awful Rutgers was and kind of shut down.
Rutgers didn't quit, got a big int return and we were not able to turn it back on fully, but did just enough to pull out a win. Again they won that game, there is nothing wrong with that. Just like the win last night, it counts the same in the record book. Unless we are going to put *, %, !, $, ^ symbols after every win with a key stating what type of win it was, it doesn't matter. It will never ever be just a W. It was a win in both cases.

AM update: much to DoubleAlum's chagrin, I am still alive as of this morning. I would be glad to direct my comments to him, but oops, he got banned.

Wow, were you right. Credit to the Gophers for playing stout aggressive D, but I'm surprised at how inept Oregon State continues to be running the ball this year and <b>how much quit they have shown.</b>

OSU was atrocious vs CSU. I stopped worry about this game then.
OSU was worse against PSU and even worse against MN. Your bolded statement is spot on. I'm thinking GA is a goner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OSU was atrocious vs CSU. I stopped worry about this game then.
OSU was worse against PSU and even worse against MN. Your bolded statement is spot on. I'm thinking GA is a goner.

Maybe they'll take Mike Riley back when he's replaced by Scott Frost after the season.

You can be happy with a victory, and still evaluate the performance to determine areas where improvement is possible.

It's never 100%.

Gophers won the game. They played well in many phases of the game, but it was not a "perfect" game. I doubt that any team in the history of football has played a perfect game. There is always room for improvement in some aspect of the game. So, you put the game in the "W" column, but then you go back, watch the film, and hit the practice field to figure out how and where you can improve. Because your next opponent is doing the same thing.

Old-guy advice: a team is never as good as they appear to be after a victory, and a team is never as bad as they appear to be after a loss.

(FWIW: Augsburg is off to a 2-0 start.)

Note to self: don't get only 3 hours of sleep the night before a Gophers late West coast game. The lack of sleep will result in you falling asleep during your team's 31-point outburst, which will piss you off.

Has PJ actually made Rhoda into a competent starting QB? I honestly didn't think he had it in him.

How do you know he hasn't been competent all along? No doubt Fleck and staff have helped, but your comment assumes the previous staff was competent at evaluating quarterbacks. Rhoda wasn't even good enough to make the team this year under the previous staff. From the 3 games I've seen of Rhoda, he's better than Leidner. Your comment seems pretty flippant and ignorant.

Top Bottom