Tyrone Carter... UPDATED: TC, with oar in hand, says he supports Fleck!!

Better in the boat than out...especially as a former NFL player.

Elite.

I agree its good to see PJ (and TC) mended fences, but I disagree that he didnt have to. You need former alumni on board, especially guys of TC's notoriety.

I think it was everyone's best interest to get TC back on board and clear up the misunderstanding. Of course, you may not be able to please all of the former players. One that thinks he runs the program comes to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fleck had an elongated answer about this expanding to the importance of alumni. Basically said he wants Minnesota to be a place where if an alum has a kid who plays football, there's no debate that he's coming here because that's how much Minnesota football means to the family.

I wonder how much PJ brought TC into the fold, or maybe TC after declaring he wasn't going to watch any Gopher games kinda thought better of that whole stance and was ready to change the narrative that was going on.

Fleck had an elongated answer about this expanding to the importance of alumni. Basically said he wants Minnesota to be a place where if an alum has a kid who plays football, there's no debate that he's coming here because that's how much Minnesota football means to the family.

So basically try to make it so we don't have a situation like the Carrolls, where their father played for the U, but non of the children (yet, fingers crossed). In PJ's perfect world, all those kids would have come to play for the U no questions asked.

So basically try to make it so we don't have a situation like the Carrolls, where their father played for the U, but non of the children (yet, fingers crossed). In PJ's perfect world, all those kids would have come to play for the U no questions asked.

Ha I didn't even think about Quinn when he was talking about that, but yep!

Wonder how much the Sapp injury at Eden Prairie plays into this? There might be an opening for Carter's nephew to be in the fold again at the U. Mend that bridge.

I have a hunch that it doesn't take THAT much to flip TC...just spend a couple minutes telling him how great he was and he gets a gushy inside. I'd rather he be on board than not, because he still chooses to hang around but I think his word is solid only until it suits him to change his mind again. He's a basically a scarf away from being another Jim Carter.

Ty has seen the light. To us, he was a legend. To the average Gopher fan, a guy in an old game film. Continue the legacy, don't f-it up.

To some of us, he is one of the recent players...

Top Bottom