Tyrone Carter... UPDATED: TC, with oar in hand, says he supports Fleck!!

And against #23 Syracuse.

Tyrone Carter returns two fumbles for touchdown in upset of Syracuse - Sept. 21, 1996

"In a span of 56 seconds, freshman safety Tyrone Carter returned an NCAA record two fumbles for touchdown as Minnesota upset No. 23 Syracuse, 35-33, at the Metrodome. The future All-American was making his first career start for the Golden Gophers. Trailing 12-7 in the third quarter, Carter picked up Malcolm Thomas' fumble and returned it 63 yards for the score. Less than a minute later, Carter scooped up a Tebucky Jones fumble and ran it in for 20 yards and his second touchdown."

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082508aaa.html

Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl54ii5ovD0

MN Gopher fans, I support PJ Fleck and his efforts to help take us to the next chapter bring a championship back to MN��✔️��������������Salute✊��

Tweet from Tyrone Carter.

MN Gopher fans, I support PJ Fleck and his efforts to help take us to the next chapter bring a championship back to MN��✔️��������������Salute✊��

Tweet from Tyrone Carter.

Legend.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Ty has seen the light. To us, he was a legend. To the average Gopher fan, a guy in an old game film. Continue the legacy, don't f-it up.

Finally, both parties did the adult thing and sat down and worked out there differences. Looks like PJ also gave him an oar, which was a nice gesture.

Who knows how they came to the resolution, but at least they did and we can move on.

PJ "eats difficult conversations for breakfast"...lunch, and dinner.

I give a LOT of credit to Fleck here...he had no obligation to mend this fence, but I am glad he did for no other reason than TC seems to continue to hang around the area.

I'll be honest, I don't totally get it.

I remember TC when he played here early in my Gophers fandom, but I don't really remember him as an all-time great. What am I missing?

If PJ can recruit TC over to his side, he’s truly elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember TC when he played here early in my Gophers fandom, but I don't really remember him as an all-time great. What am I missing?

Seriously?
1st team all- American 1998
Consensus 1st team AA 1999
Jim Thorpe winner 1999
Finalist for Bronco Nagurski award 1999
Held NCAA record for career tackles at 584 (>>10/game)

I believe he won the Jim Thorpe award his senior year as the best DB in the country. He was a tackling machine.

Seriously?
Jim Thorpe winner 1999

Thanks for looking all that up. Yes, very impressive. In my lifetime he's got to be the best defensive Gopher player.

Seriously?
Jim Thorpe winner 1999

That would explain it....thanks!

Great to see them work out the misunderstanding. It is not good to have a legendary alumni trash the program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, we stait on TC's bona fides?

Now 'bout those unis - maroon and gold, baby! Not some off-red and yellow we now have. They were great.

Let TC have his opinions he is a big part of this programs history and I just hope he can patch things up with whoever he has beef with and we can move on to have a great program

I wonder how much longer KFAN will pay Tyrone to analyze Gopher football, given he won't be watching the games?

I dont thin he exactly gets paid for that. They talk about numerous topics, which yes, often does include the current Gopher squad. Other topics revolve around their Gopher days, and teammates, their time in the NFL, and college football in general.

2 time All American
1 time Jim Thorpe award winner

Great to see. As Fleck has said before this team is the bridge between the past Gophers and future Gophers. It's huge to have alumni pushing the program, also nice because he has connections in the area from what I understand

I give a LOT of credit to Fleck here...he had no obligation to mend this fence, but I am glad he did for no other reason than TC seems to continue to hang around the area.

Yup, I have no idea what TC's issue was but great to see PJ mended the fence, I agree!! Like you say, he certainly didn't have to.

Yup, I have no idea what TC's issue was but great to see PJ mended the fence, I agree!! Like you say, he certainly didn't have to.

I agree its good to see PJ (and TC) mended fences, but I disagree that he didnt have to. You need former alumni on board, especially guys of TC's notoriety.

Top Bottom