Tyrone Carter... UPDATED: TC, with oar in hand, says he supports Fleck!!

PitinoFan

Banned
Reaction score
....was on KFAN trashing P.J. this morning. He claims he and his son were disrespected. Until he gets an apology, he won't be watching any games, yet KFAN is paying him to analyze Gopher football? P.A. was caught off guard, saying he had no idea what T.C. was talking about.

Does anyone know what this is all about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyrone Carter on KFAN

TC was on with Paul Allen and Ron Johnson this morning. PA asked TC a question and TC gave an unrelated answer about how he will not be around the program or watch games until P.J. Fleck apologizes to him. PA responded to TC by telling him he had no idea what he was talking about. I remember reading on here at one time there was something about a relative of TC being recruited here and something went wrong. Is that the issue TC was referring too?

Clearly Tyrone ain't rowing the damn boat! [emoji41]

Nobody knows the whole story.

TC has tweeted some vague tidbits, crooting, something someone maybe said, some silly trophy thing, that are out of context and honestly I'm not sure if they're accurate. Those tidbits also seem to be part of an ongoing thing with TC and ... PJ, the U... it's not even entirely clear what exactly he has a problem with over all.

PJ and the U haven't said anything.

TC has been angling for a coaching job ever since Kill was hired. No luck with Kill, Claeys or Fleck.

Also, TC has basically been advising the recruitment process of his nephew, telling Fleck when and how he'll commit.

Fleck's not having any of it and telling recruit to 'fish or cut bait'. We aren't a back-up school anymore.

Clearly Tyrone ain't rowing the damn boat!

The whole thing stinks. I think TC (who I love) has delusions of grandeur, and Fleck is too proud and rigid to treat TC like he's special. They both have some growing up to do.

I hope you're reading this, TC. You've made a fool of yourself in front of your biggest fans.

I wonder how much longer KFAN will pay Tyrone to analyze Gopher football, given he won't be watching the games?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If this is about his nephew Marquis Williams, the nephew committed to Pitt on 8/21

I've met TC a number of times and really like him. I am certainly disappointed in the way he feels. Just from everything I've read so far regarding the situation it seems like better communication between TC and PJ could certainly help. Also, TC seems to be letting his ego get in the way of things with recruitment of his nephew. That, plus trying really, really hard to get an Asst. job and not getting one has probably led to this situation.

Definitely unfortunate it's come to this though as we still don't and probably won't ever know the full situation. Hopefully both can be better men and figure it out.

Was at a practice 2 years ago and TC was trying to pal around with the D backs and they all acted like he was a nuisance. I was surprised that they didn't treat him with respect but they seemed bored by him...like "get lost man".

I've met TC a number of times and really like him. I am certainly disappointed in the way he feels. Just from everything I've read so far regarding the situation it seems like better communication between TC and PJ could certainly help. Also, TC seems to be letting his ego get in the way of things with recruitment of his nephew. That, plus trying really, really hard to get an Asst. job and not getting one has probably led to this situation.

Definitely unfortunate it's come to this though as we still don't and probably won't ever know the full situation. Hopefully both can be better men and figure it out.

To me it sounds like the communication is there between TC and PJ. It's just that they want 2 different things, and neither want to budge from their position.

To me it sounds like the communication is there between TC and PJ. It's just that they want 2 different things, and neither want to budge from their position.

I meant, maybe they disagree on how recruiting his nephew or whatever the situation was. But, they could big bigger men and just get over some hurt feelings or whatever the case is.

As I understand the issue, it originally centered around Marquis Williams. Williams was a highly regarded recruit and was attending (watching) a summer camp in June/July. Fleck was talking with Williams and basically told him that we were almost full at CB and if he wanted a spot he needed to commit soon or it would be gone. Carter took issue with this and thought that Williams was a big-time recruit and PJ should let him take all the time he wanted to make a decision.

As I understand the issue, it originally centered around Marquis Williams. Williams was a highly regarded recruit and was attending (watching) a summer camp in June/July. Fleck was talking with Williams and basically told him that we were almost full at CB and if he wanted a spot he needed to commit soon or it would be gone. Carter took issue with this and thought that Williams was a big-time recruit and PJ should let him take all the time he wanted to make a decision.

I've heard/read this story from multiple people and if that is the story I totally side with Coach Fleck. Sometimes you just never know fully though.

If I recall correctly, it had something to do with the U holding his All-American or Jim Thorpe award and it going from the display case to lost.

TC felt there should have been something said or done that was not, as in "You should have returned it to me".

Valid point, if true.

I'm siding with TC.

Can't find the thread, but someone - don't know if it was the nephew or not - claimed that someone connected to the U told the nephew that "nobody remembers your uncle" or words to that effect.

the gist of the story was that someone connected to the program "dissed" TC's status as a former Gopher Great.

BTW - just heard the start of the segment on KFAN. Paul Allen was going on and on and on and on about Ron Johnson being the greatest receiver in Gopher History. You would have thought the guy was a unanimous 1st-team All-American and Heisman Trophy winner. I will note that earlier, Allen was talking about the Vikings, and referring to the team as "we," as in, here's what we need to do to win.

Then why go on the radio to talk about the Gophers? This guy lead with the crown one too many times.

If I recall correctly, it had something to do with the U holding his All-American or Jim Thorpe award and it going from the display case to lost.

TC felt there should have been something said or done that was not, as in "You should have returned it to me".

Valid point, if true.

I heard it just went into storage somewhere, along with everything else while they're building the new facility.

His tune changed to that after he got destroyed about his initial rant. PJ told his nephew he's not holding a spot for him, and he needs to commit if he want to be guaranteed a spot. TC pulled the "don't you know who I am" card, and PJ conveyed that it doesn't matter. Then, the knucklehead went on a tirade about how PJ said he's ancient history, has no relevance to the program, etc, etc.

He should be embarrassed, if what I've gathered it true.. Good riddance.

I can't really side with either one because we don't know what actually happened.

tc is a gopher legend, flat out legend

TC was critical of Kill at times too. TC is a legend for sure and deserves respect for that. TC also coaches the players outside the stadium here and there and I don't think that is appreciated in the player/coaching community. Much like coaching your kid on the way home from the game. It is possible TC is a little too vocal about his coaching opinions and Fleck could have told him to be a fan, not a coach...

Top Bottom