Nadine is right

Reaction score
I've been on this site a long time and I've never seen so many whiners,naysayers and complainers about the smallest of things. in some cases it seems like a lot of new people , plus the normal " Sky is falling " posters. I mean a topic on " Bad Wins" . Give me a break. Some of the new posters might be trolls from the East, but I can't believe with the energy PJ brings that so many poster are " Debbie Downers".

lqKpe2E.gif

Whining about whining is still whining.... Complaining about complainers makes you a complainer...

Honestly though what about our first game helped keep the excitement going? I was thoroughly underwhelmed as the product did not live up to the hype. I'm excited for Saturday though, we'll know much more about the team after a 2nd look!

Ski-U-Mah

I've been on this site a long time and I've never seen so many whiners,naysayers and complainers about the smallest of things. in some cases it seems like a lot of new people , plus the normal " Sky is falling " posters. I mean a topic on " Bad Wins" . Give me a break. Some of the new posters might be trolls from the East, but I can't believe with the energy PJ brings that so many poster are " Debbie Downers".

Shoot, and all this time I thought I was a Gopher Fan. However, I just found out that in order to be an official Gopher Fan with proper credentials, one must first go through accreditation with the Ruppert Gopher Fanatic Association. Once accredited you will have demonstrated the ability to spot a troll or Debbie Downer in a single post. At least 40 hours visiting GopherHole and opposing fan sites is required, identifying trolls and Debbie Downers, classified as any poster whose point of view may differ in any slight way, or not been previously approved, by The Ruppertflywheel.

Life can be tough when people don't do what you want them to do and view things differently than you do. Over time you will grow to be more accepting. Until then, it seems you will just keep complaining about complaining. You really can't make it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nadine should love the whiners. It probably tripled site traffic during the off-season. Extra advertising $$$.

Whining about whining is still whining.... Complaining about complainers makes you a complainer...

Honestly though what about our first game helped keep the excitement going? I was thoroughly underwhelmed as the product did not live up to the hype. I'm excited for Saturday though, we'll know much more about the team after a 2nd look!

Ski-U-Mah

Do you know the difference between complaining and observation. Selective reading on your part.

People need to sit back and enjoy the process. That's what will make the end game so incredible. People are unrealistic in their expectations, Fleck will build this program to an elite level, I truly believe that. But it will take time. This program was in rough shape 6 months ago, it was never gonna be an elite team in 2017. Let the man build his foundation before you give up

People need to sit back and enjoy the process. That's what will make the end game so incredible. People are unrealistic in their expectations, Fleck will build this program to an elite level, I truly believe that. But it will take time. This program was in rough shape 6 months ago, it was never gonna be an elite team in 2017. Let the man build his foundation before you give up

I don't think anyone has given up. I think some people are just in wait-and-see mode. I think that's perfectly normal for a new coach, especially one that hasn't coached higher than the MAC conference. Plus, coming off of 5 straight bowl appearances it's not like the team has been awful and can only go upward. There is at least a chance it could regress.

Do you know the difference between complaining and observation. Selective reading on your part.

No, your post contains multiple complaints and definitely has a whiny tone. My reading is just fine, you though literally made whiny post complaining about complainers. :horse:

We are Gopherhole family whether you accept it or not, we are one big happy/unhappy psychotic family. :pig:

I don't think anyone has given up. I think some people are just in wait-and-see mode. I think that's perfectly normal for a new coach, especially one that hasn't coached higher than the MAC conference. Plus, coming off of 5 straight bowl appearances it's not like the team has been awful and can only go upward. There is at least a chance it could regress.

Chances are it will get worse before it gets better. Fleck is starting from square 1. Not that this team needs it and it's not like the players are different but it's still a process. As a Cubs fan, it was the same thing when Theo Epstein took over. Obviously two very different scenarios but they both built championship caliber teams and from day 1 said it was all about building a winning culture. Unfortunately that doesn't happen overnight

No, your post contains multiple complaints and definitely has a whiny tone. My reading is just fine, you though literally made whiny post complaining about complainers. :horse:

Look up the definition of " observation " I was pointing out Nadine's comments and agreeing with her.This should be a fun ride for all Gopher fans. Posters like Ozzy and Ray are judge, jury and hangman because they don't like his energy .

Look up the definition of " observation " I was pointing out Nadine's comments and agreeing with her.This should be a fun ride for all Gopher fans. Posters like Ozzy and Ray are judge, jury and hangman because they don't like his energy .

YOu should maybe look up the definition of complaining... here i'll do it for you:

"express dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event."

Exactly what you did you whiny complainer you.

Some have been in the process for quite some time. Every time I hear 4-6 years I lose a little more interest.

What? I could care less about his energy. Judge, jury, hangman? I think his schtick is stupid and embarrassing. Unlike you I've never called for a coach's head. I'll support whoever is the coach because I want the program to be successful, but that doesn't mean I'll always agree with the methods of what they are doing with the program, or that I enjoy how they market the team, or the product they put on the field.

Haven't been on for most of offseason, basically post signing day, but it appears Spoofin spent all summer griping about Fleck on GH.

You know what irritates me...half the stick in the mud crowd unable to get off their butts after the Huff interception or other exciting plays. People that complain about Fleck switching sides. Losing to Wisconsin.

Contrary opinions on gopherhole - love it. It's always nice to know how people really feel. Do you really want an echo chamber?

It all depends on your point of view. One person's comment is another person's complaint.

Without re-litigating the whole argument, I will just say this. I was disappointed in the Buffalo game because I was expecting or hoping for something different on offense. A lot of the talk about Fleck has involved his offensive credentials, the high-scoring teams he coached at WMU, and the way his system is supposed to put playmakers in position to make plays.

So, the first game rolls around for the Gophers, and what do we see: RUTM about 30 times. Except for some different formations, that game could have been a Limegover-era offense or a Johnson-era offense. (can 1 season be an era?)

I suppose I could be wrong about the talent level on this Gophers team. Maybe the talent is really so diminished that Fleck had no choice but to do what he did. Maybe the two leading QB candidates are that bad.

But, whatever the reasons, I went into that game hoping to see what the new Gopher offense would look like under Fleck. I was not thrilled with what I saw.

And back to the whole "complaining" thing: am I the only one here who remembers some of the comments on this board the last few years - the weekly "Leidner sucks" threads - the complaining about play-calling, etc? where was the "let's be positive" gang then?

What? I could care less about his energy. Judge, jury, hangman? I think his schtick is stupid and embarrassing. Unlike you I've never called for a coach's head. I'll support whoever is the coach because I want the program to be successful, but that doesn't mean I'll always agree with the methods of what they are doing with the program, or that I enjoy how they market the team, or the product they put on the field.

Soooooo...are you trying to give away your Middle Tennessee State tickets?

You know what irritates me...half the stick in the mud crowd unable to get off their butts after the Huff interception or other exciting plays. People that complain about Fleck switching sides. Losing to Wisconsin.

Contrary opinions on gopherhole - love it. It's always nice to know how people really feel. Do you really want an echo chamber?

This.

Soooooo...are you trying to give away your Middle Tennessee State tickets?

You want free tickets? Sorry, not giving them away. However, like I said, if I do decide to go I told you I'd be happy to meet up with ya Ruppert.

Top Bottom