Nadine is right

A huge problem for me is the history of the last 10 years or so. We've had Mason getting let go, the hype of Brewster, Kill, his health issues, Claeys, and now Fleck. I get frustrated as everyone preaches new things, new changes, new whatever for the best. What progress have we seen over the years? I really hope that Fleck does well. However its hard to get excited due to the lack of depth as a result of graduation and injuries. We don't have a quarterback that I can see. Hopefully one will jell.

So say I'm not a Gopher fan, but I am. Its just hard to remain high throughout all the transitions that have been taking place plus internal issues. Go Gophers and Go Fleck, hopefully we will row successfully this season.

I am all for rowing the boat as long as I am not lashed to the boat to row it. Being lashed to the boat would not be elite.

Haven't been on for most of offseason, basically post signing day, but it appears Spoofin spent all summer griping about Fleck on GH.

To be fair, I have complained about a lot more than just Fleck. Although, I do hate him and want him to fail - JB says so.

Welcome back. We have all been wondering where you went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want free tickets? Sorry, not giving them away. However, like I said, if I do decide to go I told you I'd be happy to meet up with ya Ruppert.

So you have tickets and you don't go. But, in your own words you quote: " Can't give them away"
Even though myself ( I already have tickets ) and another person on the hole offer to take them.You seem to be full of contradictory statements.

Ozzy and Rupert:

If you guys really do want to meet up to discuss tickets or other gopher talk I volunteer to be arbitrator. Lets meet at a Buffalo Wild Wings. My treat as I know will be entertained by you two. :cool02:

So you have tickets and you don't go. But, in your own words you quote: " Can't give them away"
Even though myself ( I already have tickets ) and another person on the hole offer to take them.You seem to be full of contradictory statements.

You really aren't that dense. I said I couldn't give them away, then you offered to take them. I said I wouldn't give them to you, Ruppert. That doesn't mean I wouldn't sell them or give them to someone else.

Now, as I said, I haven't decided what I am doing for MTSU. If I go, I'm happy to meet up so you can assess if I'm a worthy fan. I'm serious - I'll even buy you a beer of choice.

You really aren't that dense. I said I couldn't give them away, then you offered to take them. I said I wouldn't give them to you, Ruppert. That doesn't mean I wouldn't sell them or give them to someone else.

Now, as I said, I haven't decided what I am doing for MTSU. If I go, I'm happy to meet up so you can assess if I'm a worthy fan. I'm serious - I'll even buy you a beer of choice.

I'm willing to meet up and judge you too if I get a free beer out of it.

Ozzy and Rupert:

If you guys really do want to meet up to discuss tickets or other gopher talk I volunteer to be arbitrator. Lets meet at a Buffalo Wild Wings. My treat as I know will be entertained by you two. :cool02:

West Fargo Gopher. My son lives in Fargo . I would certainly meet you there for a chat , or maybe a round of golf. I think Ozzy is in the land of Oz.and is dealing from the bottom of the deck.Think I'll pass on trying to grill him

West Fargo Gopher. My son lives in Fargo . I would certainly meet you there for a chat , or maybe a round of golf. I think Ozzy is in the land of Oz.and is dealing from the bottom of the deck.Think I'll pass on trying to grill him

I'd prefer Stubs West Fargo, but open to a tailgate or even BWW as well. By the way, I'm really not an ornery Gopher fan, just bugged by PJ's schtick, but happy he is selling high expectations. Just would prefer something other than the PJ show and RTB all the time. Just talk like a normal human. As I said in one post that most of his followers missed, some of my messages are simply to bug his disciples on here : -)

By the way, Ruppert, in August 2016 you posted the following, "We dropped ours for a couple of reasons. The move to Ely and the donation program. We also have a group of friends drop their tickets. Donations should never be mandatory. You'll be able to buy tickets on stub hub for any of the games with maybe the exception being Iowa for the price of a happy meal."

So, you looking for free entry to the game then? Notice, I didn't drop my tickets last year or this year, although like you, I was not happy with the "donation". Yet, I did keep my tickets the last two years.

The offer stands - happy to meet you at a game if you are able to find a ticket. My guess is there will still be plenty of seats available for MTSU, maybe even for the "price of a happy meal". Let me know, if you'll be there I'll probably go just so I can buy you a beer.

I'm willing to meet up and judge you too if I get a free beer out of it.

Count me in on that offer also if it's available. [emoji12]

This thread is a dumpster fire. A stupid argument about people complaining about other people complaining is #PEAKGOPHERHOLE.

And the best part is: I still joined in!!

You know what irritates me...half the stick in the mud crowd unable to get off their butts after the Huff interception or other exciting plays. People that complain about Fleck switching sides. Losing to Wisconsin.

Contrary opinions on gopherhole - love it. It's always nice to know how people really feel. Do you really want an echo chamber?

Uhhhh, you ARE familiar with the current political climate, yes?

Uhhhh, you ARE familiar with the current political climate, yes?

I don't think much has changed, people just have more platforms to air their (totally stupid redneck/elitist/racist!!) well-thought out and researched opinions. (Uh, I could just scream!).

I take that back. We really have lost our minds.

I'm the most negative asshole on planet earth when it comes to my Minnesota sports teams.,. But I can honestly say imo from watching game one that buffalo will be pretty good with that QB and system and secondly, despite the fact we only scored 17, our passing game with two QBs was as good as it's been for at least a decade.. I think that game could have been a loss last year. And before everybody loses their minds Lets not forget it's PJs first year if we win 8 or 9 this year it will be pretty remarkable.. let him get his guys in like pitino has done and we can start to gauge things.

This thread is a dumpster fire. A stupid argument about people complaining about other people complaining is #PEAKGOPHERHOLE.

And the best part is: I still joined in!!

Dumpster fire. Isn't that how most threads end up?

This is similar to the Pitino bashing that we saw over his first few years. A small group of posters let their preconceived opinions get in the way of their support for the program. Anyone who has spent time directly involved or observing the changes in practices and player preparation knew that Pitino could coach BB, it is the same with PJ. People who don't let who Pitino's father is, or how enthusiastic PJ is, bother them, understand that these coaches will be successful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is similar to the Pitino bashing that we saw over his first few years.<b>A small group of posters </b>let their preconceived opinions get in the way of their support for the program. Anyone who has spent time directly involved or observing the changes in practices and player preparation knew that Pitino could coach BB, it is the same with PJ. People who don't let who Pitino's father is, or how enthusiastic PJ is, bother them, understand that these coaches will be successful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The bolded has already been debunked, but carry on.

Whining about whining is still whining.... Complaining about complainers makes you a complainer...

Honestly though what about our first game helped keep the excitement going? I was thoroughly underwhelmed as the product did not live up to the hype. I'm excited for Saturday though, we'll know much more about the team after a 2nd look!

Ski-U-Mah

Totally agree with all of the above. I love it when people say, "You are so judgmental." What does that make you?

I think the biggest thing is just differences in now people are fans. Some are more optimistic and some are more critical. Neither is wrong.

In my case, I choose to participate in this site because I love all things Gopher football and basketball. I'm a positive person by nature. I don't worry about things that haven't happened yet. If we **** the bed and have bad game, I just stay away for awhile. On the basketball side, when Curry went down the other day, I just stayed away for awhile. On the flip side, there is nothing wrong with jumping on the forum after a loss to use it as a venting mechanism.

Hard to argue that things aren't trending in the right direction though. Hottest young coach in football, tons of national exposure, recruiting is going relatively well, fairly new stadium, brand new practice facilities.

One can argue all the points I made above, which is my point. Just different ways of looking at the same data points.

I guess there are some people who are either 1) pissed we fired Claeys or 2) pissed we didn't beat Buffalo by 30. The first one I can't control, the second isn't worth losing sleep over because it's a win.

Last year we were 3-2 coming off a 14-7 loss to Iowa. The sky was falling. Then we rattled off 6 of 8. Things change. Don't project the ickiness of the Buffalo game onto the rest of the season.

I'd prefer Stubs West Fargo, but open to a tailgate or even BWW as well. By the way, I'm really not an ornery Gopher fan, just bugged by PJ's schtick, but happy he is selling high expectations. Just would prefer something other than the PJ show and RTB all the time. Just talk like a normal human. As I said in one post that most of his followers missed, some of my messages are simply to bug his disciples on here : -)

By the way, Ruppert, in August 2016 you posted the following, "We dropped ours for a couple of reasons. The move to Ely and the donation program. We also have a group of friends drop their tickets. Donations should never be mandatory. You'll be able to buy tickets on stub hub for any of the games with maybe the exception being Iowa for the price of a happy meal."

So, you looking for free entry to the game then? Notice, I didn't drop my tickets last year or this year, although like you, I was not happy with the "donation". Yet, I did keep my tickets the last two years.

The offer stands - happy to meet you at a game if you are able to find a ticket. My guess is there will still be plenty of seats available for MTSU, maybe even for the "price of a happy meal". Let me know, if you'll be there I'll probably go just so I can buy you a beer.

Nope...I'm back in fold when they hired PJ . Won't see any games in November as we head to Arizona. To much of a crap shoot in November with the weather in Ely. Let's just say we agree to disagree.

I think the biggest thing is just differences in now people are fans. Some are more optimistic and some are more critical. Neither is wrong.

In my case, I choose to participate in this site because I love all things Gopher football and basketball. I'm a positive person by nature. I don't worry about things that haven't happened yet. If we **** the bed and have bad game, I just stay away for awhile. On the basketball side, when Curry went down the other day, I just stayed away for awhile. On the flip side, there is nothing wrong with jumping on the forum after a loss to use it as a venting mechanism.

Hard to argue that things aren't trending in the right direction though. Hottest young coach in football, tons of national exposure, recruiting is going relatively well, fairly new stadium, brand new practice facilities.

One can argue all the points I made above, which is my point. Just different ways of looking at the same data points.

I guess there are some people who are either 1) pissed we fired Claeys or 2) pissed we didn't beat Buffalo by 30. The first one I can't control, the second isn't worth losing sleep over because it's a win.

Last year we were 3-2 coming off a 14-7 loss to Iowa. The sky was falling. Then we rattled off 6 of 8. Things change. Don't project the ickiness of the Buffalo game onto the rest of the season.

Nice post, thanks. I'm like you, die-hard Gophs fan, and loyal to the institution 'til I'm six feet under. I do think as a fan you can certainly be optimistic and critical together...they're not mutually exclusive. I'm a glass half-full fan with FB, mostly a glass-half empty fan with Men's hockey, and right in the middle with BB.

Nope...I'm back in fold when they hired PJ . Won't see any games in November as we head to Arizona. To much of a crap shoot in November with the weather in Ely. Let's just say we agree to disagree.

Glad you're back in the fold. However, please lose the rhetoric accusing others, who have never left, of being trolls and negative simply because we don't share the same enthusiasm for the new coach. Not liking Coach Fleck's style doesn't mean I want to see him fail.

I've been on this site a long time and I've never seen so many whiners,naysayers and complainers about the smallest of things. in some cases it seems like a lot of new people , plus the normal " Sky is falling " posters. I mean a topic on " Bad Wins" . Give me a break. Some of the new posters might be trolls from the East, but I can't believe with the energy PJ brings that so many poster are " Debbie Downers".

Weren't you one of them when Kill/Claeys were here?

Weren't you one of them when Kill/Claeys were here?

Nope, was a strong Kill supporter on the field till he left. He made a statement at the Craguns Golf Outing that he and his wife Rebecca loved Minnesota and that this was their home even after he was done coaching. Bottom line. They never did buy here, they rented, and she hated the cold . weather. Jerry then turned into a cry baby.when t U didn't give him the position he wanted. In regards to the athletic department TC, I never questioned his coaching. I did question his OC Johnson play calling like any arm chair QB. In the end, TC shot himself in the foot and that was more fodder for Coyle who was going to bring in his own guy anyway.

Glad you're back in the fold. However, please lose the rhetoric accusing others, who have never left, of being trolls and negative simply because we don't share the same enthusiasm for the new coach. Not liking Coach Fleck's style doesn't mean I want to see him fail.

FYI....held season tickets for football and basketball since 1981 before dropping them in 2015.
Have attended every Bowl game except the two Rose Bowls. Have visited every B1G school for a game except Indiana and Purdue. Been to away games at USC, UCLA, Cal , Colorado State, UNLV, among others. Think I've paid my dues as a Gopher fan.

FYI....held season tickets for football and basketball since 1981 before dropping them in 2015.
Have attended every Bowl game except the two Rose Bowls. Have visited every B1G school for a game except Indiana and Purdue. Been to away games at USC, UCLA, Cal , Colorado State, UNLV, among others. Think I've paid my dues as a Gopher fan.

Great. Never said you didn't. Just appreciate if you refrain from accusing all those who may have a different point of view than yours of being Badger fans or trolls :) That's it. Have a good one Ruppert.

Top Bottom