Nebraska at Oregon
Auburn at Clemson
South Carolina at Missouri
Oklahoma at Ohio State
Stanford at USC
Utah at BYU
San Diego State at Arizona State
etc.

I ask this question every year and never remember the answer...do we want other big ten teams to lose non conference games? On one hand their wins make the conference more respectable, but on the other their losses could help the gophers into a better bowl game.

I ask this question every year and never remember the answer...do we want other big ten teams to lose non conference games? On one hand their wins make the conference more respectable, but on the other their losses could help the gophers into a better bowl game.

If it is Wisconsin or Iowa. Yes. Always.

I always root Big Ten. The overall perception of the conference is more important IMO than maybe getting a better bowl. I long for the day that the entire conference wins all their non-conference games.

I flipped through the channels this afternoon and ESPN's topic was "Has the SEC gotten worse or has the rest of college football gotten better?" After one week they are asking this? Man I wish I was a sports analyst...

Re: Hawks and Badgers, Nebraska - If we are competing for the same recruits...we want them to look to be on the downward spiral and for us to be on the rise.

There's only so much room at the top.

No conference loyalty, ever, for those two/three although my hate is less for the hard luck Huskers. That's a tortured fan base..... I will support Michigan, Penn State, Ohia, Etc....

Oklahoma at Ohio State. I'll watch that for sure.

NW at Duke is one where I wish both could lose but I guess I'll cheer Big Ten.

Miami/Arkansas State game cancelled, no make-up date available:

The Miami Hurricanes will not be playing football this weekend as scheduled. The team was set to head to Jonesboro, Arkansas, for their game against Arkansas State, but with Hurricane Irma bearing down on the state of Florida, Miami officials are playing it safe and canceling the game altogether, Miami athletic director Blake James said via the Miami Herald.

Miami coach Mark Richt is releasing the players so that they can seek safety from the storm out of town, according to the Associated Press.

With no common weeks off between the two programs, no makeup date will be possible, leaving both teams with 11 regular season games.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-miami-at-arkansas-state-with-no-makeup-date/

Go Gophers!!

The durrty, durrty Wildcats get an ejection for targeting vs Duke. Nullified an INT at the Wildcat goal line. I should clarify Duke the school, not Duke the player this time. Go Cats!

Buffalo 17 Army 7 early 2nd qtr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really enjoying the early slate of games!

Tyree Jackson has made two huge plays for Buffalo and their D is doing a great job against the triple option at Army
Duke moving the ball very easily against NW
Iowa - ISU is a fist fight as you'd expect. Both teams making some great plays and playing good defense
Wisconsin is just absolutely dominating FAU as you'd expect. Still disheartening to watch
Michigan - Cincy is better than I expected. Cincy QB made a horrific throw that was returned for TD, but they've now had 2 nice drives in a row

Florida Atlantic had the ball, down 7 when I tuned in. Wisconsin got it back and got a field goal before halftime, 24-14.

Wilton Speight throwing the ball like Mitch Leidner. Balls sailing over receivers, behind receivers and too far in front of receivers. Michigan looking beatable.

I wonder if Speight went to the Manning quarterback camp...[emoji41]

Can we put an end to the pundit's trendy Northworstern pick? They are no better than us.

Iowa collapse and burn has Ferentz written all over it. Completely different 2nd half playbook and defense can't stop a thing.

This Iowa state game sure is entertaining.

Can we put an end to the pundit's trendy Northworstern pick? They are no better than us.

Thorson 11/28 120 yards and a pick, Jackson 7 for 18 yards. Duke has 501 yards to 121 with 10 to go. 38-10. We are better than that.

Iowa State now up by 10 (assuming XP is good) with 11:45 left.

Boy, am I glad we don't play Iowa State in the non-con. They can play.

Thorson 11/28 120 yards and a pick, Jackson 7 for 18 yards. Duke has 501 yards to 121 with 10 to go. 38-10. We are better than that.

I like the optimism, but I'll reserve judgement until about midnight tonight. With our line and QB group, we could look just as bad offensively. I don't see the Beavers running up 600 yards of offense, though.

Awesome to see the Cyclones winning, hope they keep it up. :drink:

AMEN. Each and every year it seems that jNW is the media darling. Each and every year it seems they disappoint. Rinse. Repeat.

By what is going on right now the conference schedule doesn't look as tough. Really want a big win tonight.

Iowa collapse and burn has Ferentz written all over it. Completely different 2nd half playbook and defense can't stop a thing.

Never mind. Campbell is as stupid as Ferentz.

Army 17 point favorites at home beats Buffalo by 4. Let's hope Buffalo is better this year than people thought.

Yes indeed. Duke is not very good, stadium is practically empty. Man-handling NW.

NW line play is horrendous on both sides of the ball. Thorson and Jackson can obviously play, but they've got no chance.

Wadley is so good, but we knew that. ISU QB has been phenomenal until that Leidner-like pick the last drive. What a defensive stand by ISU to hold them to a FG. All tied up with 5 min left. Great game!

Buffalo imploded in the 2nd half. Up 10, driving for a score, and Jackson fumbles. All Army after that. Gave up a couple 4th down conversions, got ground down to a powder like many Army opponents.

I see Maryland has put 63 on Townson so far. Haven't seen a minute of the game, but coupled with Purdue's performance last night, a couple of our "easy" wins aren't looking so easy. We'll know a lot more about our Gophers after tonight.

Top Bottom