The inexperience is unbelievable...26 players made debuts in game 1

swingman

Reaction score
26 players made the Badgers debuts: freshman LS Adam Bay, redshirt freshman LB Christian Bell, redshirt freshman TE Luke Benzschawel, redshirt freshman OL Tyler Biadasz (started at center), redshirt freshman OLB Noah Burks, redshirt freshman S Eric Burrell, redshirt freshman CB Dontye Carriere-Williams, freshman QB Jack Coan, freshman CB Madison Cone, redshirt freshman S Seth Currens, freshman WR Danny Davis, redshirt freshman WR Jack Dunn, redshirt freshman RB Garret Groshek, sophomore DE Kraig Howe, senior RB Rachid Ibrahim, junior RB Chris James, redshirt freshman OL Patrick Kasl, redshirt freshman DE Isaiahh Loudermilk, redshirt freshman ILB Mike Maskalunas, sophomore S Blake Mielke, junior CB Nick Nelson, sophomore DE David Pfaff, redshirt freshman DE Keldric Preston, freshman RB Jonathan Taylor, junior OLB Andrew Van Ginkel, redshirt freshman OL Cole Van Lanen

Gophs had 7. Douglas, Kiondre, Olson, Howard, Kieft, Schoenfelder, Reger

I'm surprised they even knew what endzone to score in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 players made the Badgers debuts: freshman LS Adam Bay, redshirt freshman LB Christian Bell, redshirt freshman TE Luke Benzschawel, redshirt freshman OL Tyler Biadasz (started at center), redshirt freshman OLB Noah Burks, redshirt freshman S Eric Burrell, redshirt freshman CB Dontye Carriere-Williams, freshman QB Jack Coan, freshman CB Madison Cone, redshirt freshman S Seth Currens, freshman WR Danny Davis, redshirt freshman WR Jack Dunn, redshirt freshman RB Garret Groshek, sophomore DE Kraig Howe, senior RB Rachid Ibrahim, junior RB Chris James, redshirt freshman OL Patrick Kasl, redshirt freshman DE Isaiahh Loudermilk, redshirt freshman ILB Mike Maskalunas, sophomore S Blake Mielke, junior CB Nick Nelson, sophomore DE David Pfaff, redshirt freshman DE Keldric Preston, freshman RB Jonathan Taylor, junior OLB Andrew Van Ginkel, redshirt freshman OL Cole Van Lanen

Gophs had 7. Douglas, Kiondre, Olson, Howard, Kieft, Schoenfelder, Reger
Did they play before or after they were up by 4 tds?[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Amazing how many Badger trolls are frequently this site now. I would expect it the week of the game, Are they paranoid , anxious, depressed? I mean who gives a rat's ass about how many newbe's played for Becky?

Amazing how many Badger trolls are frequently this site now. I would expect it the week of the game, Are they paranoid , anxious, depressed? I mean who gives a rat's ass about how many newbe's played for Becky?

You do know swingman is making a point...

This would be a great argument if by experience Fleck meant participating in at least one play.

That WI was able to play a lot more guys in a 49-point blowout?

Hey give a swingman credit. He put in a lot of effort to try and discredit the Gophers head coach.

Well played. Badgers probably 5-7 this year? 6-6? They had to get younger before they could get older and better after Chryst got there. Just give him another year.

Hey give a swingman credit. He put in a lot of effort to try and discredit the Gophers head coach.

Wait...THIS was swingman's point.

I'm shocked so many guys got in being up by only 40 points in the 4th quarter. Thanks for posting this Swingman!

Plus, it's so shocking that such a successful program the last 20 years with 5 times the # of 4 star recruits the last 5 years as Minnesota would have better depth with better players. I can't believe that! How did you figure this out so fast??? Please elaborate on your brilliance. We all want to learn! I mean with all the tradition, success, stability, and support for Minnesota the last 15 years I'm surprised MN is not exactly like Wisconsin. Aren't you?

Oh, and I almost forgot, how do all those guys at Wisconsin get to play in such a close game when they're learning a brand new system under a first year coach??? Oh wait, never mind. They got all that experience in spring camp when they had 4 active offensive lineman, that's right. Thanks again. [emoji16]

I'm shocked so many guys got in being up by only 40 points in the 4th quarter. Thanks for posting this Swingman!

Plus, it's so shocking that such a successful program the last 20 years with 5 times the # of 4 star recruits the last 5 years as Minnesota would have better depth with better players. I can't believe that! How did you figure this out so fast??? Please elaborate on your brilliance. We all want to learn! I mean with all the tradition, success, stability, and support for Minnesota the last 15 years I'm surprised MN is not exactly like Wisconsin. Aren't you?

You had it and then you lost it.

Comedy is brevity.

More likely all the haters who think Fleck can't coach anybody he didn't recruit.

Wow can't believe they played a bunch of freshman in a 40 point blow out. Stop the presses!

I see - our coach preaches we are the least experienced team in the Nation anytime he opens his mouth and somehow the Merry Band thinks what Swingman posted isn't relevant. This place is such a joke at times.

I see - our coach preaches we are the least experienced team in the Nation anytime he opens his mouth and somehow the Merry Band thinks what Swingman posted isn't relevant. This place is such a joke at times.

It isn't. Really , think about it . He posted every players name, and you can't figure it out? Unreal..

By itself it tells us very little though. He started this thread to try to show numbers that disprove MN is very inexperienced. It's flawed by itself. For example, Wisconsin played 47 reserves in their game, the Gophers just 30. Big difference. Probably because they won by 49. You don't think that kinda skewed the first time participation numbers? It also doesn't tell us how much and when they played. For all we know, 20 of the 26 didn't enter the game until WI was up 35+.

Also, just because someone has previously participated in a game doesn't mean they are inexperienced.

Maybe we aren't really that inexperienced like Fleck says, but this thread doesn't prove anything.

Established system, established coaches, established recruiting for the system at WI.

It should be said that this was Flecks first experience as being a power five head coach. Say what you will, but he is green as well. It's a whole new ballgame for him and that shouldn't be overlooked.

Okay, I'll make it easy for some of you...:eek: My interpretation of Swingman's post is along these lines, in addition to the cover my butt, whoa is me, look how great I am aspects of PJ's coach speak. Speak it into existence https://www.theodysseyonline.com/speak-into-existence I just randomly googled the link to give you an idea and the read the first two paragraphs.
Best example I can give of speaking it into existence is Lavar Ball ... this from February http://https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/lavar-ball-says-lonzo-will-play-for-lakers-im-going-to-speak-it-into-existence/ and his son was drafted by the Lakers. My point: all the negative crap PJ is constantly preaching has a much better chance of occurring if you dwell on it, focus on it, speak it. Molitor said of pitching the other day...it's like golf, you stand on the tee and you see all the hazards, water, troubles or you see a huge fairway. Which thoughts on the tee gives you a better chance to hit it down the middle? Same with pitching and the strike zone and what might happen after you throw it. Maybe that's another principle of vision...but I'm using it as self talk.
The Law of Attraction http://www.therealsecretofsuccess.com/attraction-manifestation/ again I just grabbed the first link in Google if you aren't familiar with it. Not endorsing the links...just the principles. Again, the constant whoa is me brings you more whoa is me. That's the surprising part to me. How PJ is sabotaging his culture. Not speaking for Swingman, but that's what I get out of his post.

I think this has been rebutted correctly but I'd add that of the 26, I count only three true freshmen. Want to see a team struggling with depth? It's the team burning red shirts right and left.

Top Bottom