ESPN: Texas A&M regent thinks Kevin Sumlin should be fired

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Texas A&M's epic collapse against UCLA on Sunday night was the final straw for one Aggies regent. He wants Kevin Sumlin fired.

Houston attorney Tony Buzbee offered his thoughts on Facebook Sunday after Texas A&M blew a 34-point lead to lose 45-44 in Los Angeles. He wrote:

"I'm sure I may be criticized for this post but I honestly don't care. I've been on the Board of Regents for the A&M System for almost seven years. During that time, I've not once commented on Kevin Sumlin and his performance during his tenure at our school. I never said a word when he and his agent manipulated a much bigger and longer contract. I said nothing about his arrogance and his mishandling of multiple player controversies. I said nothing when we had multiple awesome recruiting classes, only to see key players leave our school or underperform.

"But tonight I am very disappointed and I have to say this. Kevin Sumlin was out-coached tonight, which isn't new. He recruits well, but can't coach the big games, or the close games. Our players were better tonight. Our players were more talented tonight. But our coaches were dominated on national TV, yet again. I'm only one vote on the Board of Regents but when the time comes my vote will be that Kevin Sumlin needs to GO.

"In my view he should go now. We owe it to our school and our players. We can do better."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...aggies-regent-calls-ouster-coach-kevin-sumlin

Go Gophers!!

He's probably right but not the way to express his opinion.

TEXAS A&M was **** for the 20 years prior to Sumlin.

Sounds like he was admitting not doing his job..."I said nothing, I said nothing, I said nothing". Sgt Schultz wanna be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Do none of these idiots understand how responsible governance works? You don't air your dirty laundry in public. There's a startling lack of decorum among regents lately - the U of M regent who put Randy Handel's name all over the newspaper comes to mind.

TEXAS A&M was **** for the 20 years prior to Sumlin.

RC Slocum was Head Coach until 2002. In 14 years, he amassed 120+ wins. 41-6-1 from 1992-1995 (20, 19, 18, 17 years prior to Sumlin).

Do none of these idiots understand how responsible governance works? You don't air your dirty laundry in public. There's a startling lack of decorum among regents lately - the U of M regent who put Randy Handel's name all over the newspaper comes to mind.

Totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom