Elliott Drug Use

The NCAA will punish this by taking away schollies from and sanctioning . . . Wright State.

It's proof of nothing. So nothing will happen, nor should it.

Unless they can prove the coaching staff knew about the drug use or actively covered it up it's a non story.

To be clearer, I meant image-wise. I know it's OSU, but it does seem odd that if he partied as much as he portrays it, it wasn't widely known. He got the weed and blow from someone in that community. Urban talks like he runs a very tight ship...just curious if it will have any affect.

To be clearer, I meant image-wise. I know it's OSU, but it does seem odd that if he partied as much as he portrays it, it wasn't widely known. He got the weed and blow from someone in that community. Urban talks like he runs a very tight ship...just curious if it will have any affect.

College kids party? I had no idea...

Urban can talk about running a tight ship but that's far from reality. He lost control of his Florida team and I won't be surprised when it happens again at Ohio St.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/2178871-urban-meyer-florida-ohio-state-ncaa-violation-recruiting-drugs-program-will-musc

But multiple former players and others close to the program say the timing of his departure was also tied to the roster he left behind. Remember it was Meyer who hinted the program that won 13 games in 2006, 2008 and 2009—and lost only 10 games from 2005-09—was flawed beyond the unsuspecting eye.

Now those issues have surfaced for all to see. Left in the wake of Meyer’s resignation were problems that can destroy a coaching career: drug use among players, a philosophy of preferential treatment for certain players, a sense of entitlement among all players and roster management by scholarship manipulation.

The coach who holds himself above the seedy underbelly of the game, who as an ESPN television analyst in 2011 publicly berated the ills of college football, left a program mired in the very things he has criticized.

“The program,” former Florida safety Bryan Thomas said, “was out of control.”

Top Bottom