BTN: Week 1 Grades (Minnesota: C); Co-Defensive Player of the Week (Winfield, MN)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

WEEK 1 GRADES
Iowa: A
Indiana: C+
Maryland: A
Michigan: A
Michigan State: A
Minnesota: C
Nebraska: C-
Northwestern: B
Ohio State: B
Penn State: A+
Purdue: B-
Rutgers: C-
Wisconsin: A-

Co-Defensive Player of the Week: Minnesota S Antoine Winfield Jr. He had seven tackles, a sack, blocked field goal and two PBUs in a 17-7 vs. Buffalo, which had to punt eight times and ran for just 51 yards. Iowa LB Josey Jewell. The Outlaw registered 14 tackles (seven solo) with two sacks and 2.5 TFLs.

http://btn.com/2017/09/03/best-of-week-1-grades-individual-honors-stock-watch-numbers/

Go Gophers!!

Purdue gave up 524 yards, gave up 3 interceptions, lost 2 fumbles, averaged 2.4 yards per rush and get an above average grade? Oh, and they lost the game.

I guess if your expectation is for them to get blown out....moral victory? i heard on BTN their defense looked good? Can somebody reconcile this for me?

Glad to see Winfield get his props. He had an absolutely fantastic game.

I don't know, I tend to think that if you got an "L" this week, your rating is automatically lower than a team that won. Moral victories are not victories. We can be proud of how hard a guy worked or how impressive a stat was, but a loss is a loss. As Herman Edwards said "You play to win the game."

Northwestern a B? Nevada got hosed on a non- fumble call toward the end of the game . It goes the other way, they run the clock out.

Top Bottom