Shooter: Ticket sales for the St. Thomas-St. John’s appraoching 35,000, 50 suites

BleedGopher

Reaction score

We should host next year's UST-SJU game and sell tickets as part of a package with one of our non-Iowa games.

So - basically "thousands of tickets are still unsold" could have been an alternative narrative.

So - basically "thousands of tickets are still unsold" could have been an alternative narrative.

The listed capacity at Target Field is 39,504. That is for baseball. I don't know if they are putting up additional seating for the Football game. OK, I just checked and several different articles about the FB game list the capacity at 39,504. So, it appears they will not put extra seating down on the field - all the seating will be in the baseball seats.

In other words, they are about 4,500 tickets shy of a sellout or at 88.6% of capacity at this point. BTW, if they hit 35,000, that will be roughly double the previous attendance record for a regular-season D3 football game.

Lol, we Minnesotans are such event snobs. Inevitably this will lead to more events like this until the initial luster wears off and people get bored of the concept.

Why would Target Field allow the turf to be destroyed when the Twins are in a playoff race? As a baseball fan I wish this rivalry were being played at an actual football venue.

Why would Target Field allow the turf to be destroyed when the Twins are in a playoff race? As a baseball fan I wish this rivalry were being played at an actual football venue.

I sure hope it isn't raining that day, the turf would get ripped up.

That's my thought. Play the football game at the Sandcrawler and leave the ballpark for a real sport. [emoji57] [emoji6] [emoji41]

I suppose they figure it isn't Division 1 football and won't tear it up. I agree with you, its going to be a mess if it is raining. I'm not sure I would enjoy watching a football game in a baseball field like Target Field.

Gee would be nice to have a brand new football stadium in the city to host football games....

The Twins won't play there for almost a full week after the game. They can turn the field back around very quickly.

I think this is a great event, great timing with a Gophers Bye with what should be a good game. I could care less, but I bought a lot of tickets for my friends through the Twins. Imagine what Gopher Game Days would be if we had competitive games against Neb, Iowa, Wisconsin on an annual basis. I'm optimitistic and I won't crticize the Twins or the teams for doing this. This will be be a chance for people to enjoy a Fall Football game, I hope it excites people to try out a Gopher game some day.

Have it at TCF, better place for a football game.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

This game is a basically a test run for future cfb games at Target Field. I believe NDSU is one team that the Twins would like to see play there.

I think the whole idea is to have a football game at Target Field. It could be Macalester vs. Hamline and my level of interest would still be the same. Having the SJ/ST game at TCF is just another football game at a stadium we have all seen host a football game. Only fans of either team would likely show up then.

I suppose you could have a double-header at TCF. Play the MIAC game first, and then have the Gophers play. It would have to be a situation where the Gophers had a pre-determined start time.

Gee would be nice to have a brand new football stadium in the city to host football games....
...yeah...if only the tax payers had covered most of the bill...[emoji41]

It's the Twins who want the game. Dave St. Peter is all about expanding their brand. Target Field is the best venue in this market. Xcel is a close second.

That would require that the gophers allow it. Fleck won't let non-G goto pro day, why would he allow this?

Or, now likely to outdraw the average Twins game by 15,000.
That seems far more appropriate.

The Twins won't play there for almost a full week after the game. They can turn the field back around very quickly.

I think this is a great event, great timing with a Gophers Bye with what should be a good game. I could care less, but I bought a lot of tickets for my friends through the Twins. Imagine what Gopher Game Days would be if we had competitive games against Neb, Iowa, Wisconsin on an annual basis. I'm optimitistic and I won't crticize the Twins or the teams for doing this. This will be be a chance for people to enjoy a Fall Football game, I hope it excites people to try out a Gopher game some day.

Stupid post. We have competitive games against those three teams almost every year.

That would require that the gophers allow it. Fleck won't let non-G goto pro day, why would he allow this?
Go crawl back under your bridge.

On Sunday games kids can walk around the warning track after the game. The Twins turf guys throw a tizzy if a kid gets near the outfield grass (and God forbid steps on it). Yet somehow it's ok to play football on it, during the baseball season?

On Sunday games kids can walk around the warning track after the game. The Twins turf guys throw a tizzy if a kid gets near the outfield grass (and God forbid steps on it). Yet somehow it's ok to play football on it, during the baseball season?

Twins were coming off a 59 win season. Their management was probably unanimous in thinking that they would be out of playoff contention by the 4th of July.

Top Bottom