Sid: Gophers first non-conference test might not come until Middle TN State game

BleedGopher

Reaction score

From what I've been hearing, this game is kind of reminding me of that San Jose State match-up back from 2013. A lot of write-ups were coming out mentioning their scoring power, especially with David Fales. In the end we were able to over power them, despite them scoring a few times. I'm kind of getting the same vibe this time around with MTSU, their QB Brent Stockstill has gotten some praise and I've seen mentions how they can score quite a bit. My guess (An optimistic Gopher fan of course) is that we'll out-muscle them as the game goes on.

MTSU just got rolled at home by Vandy. But I suppose that's to be expected as MTSU's massive humidity advantage would be negated against another Tennessee team.

Didn't MTSU lose most of their defense to some sort of dog fighting or animal abuse scandal?

Vandy is a kind of joke in the mighty SEC, but they would be just fine in the Big10. I will be very impressed if we can beat MTSU.

So, SID is looking past OSU?

Vandy is a kind of joke in the mighty SEC, but they would be just fine in the Big10. I will be very impressed if we can beat MTSU.

This is sarcasm obviously right?

You really should do stand up comedy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are kind of a joke on GopherHole, but you would be fine in Highlights magazine. I would be impressed if you could beat Goofus and Gallant.

You are kind of a joke on GopherHole, but you would be fine in Highlights magazine. I would be impressed if you could beat Goofus and Gallant.

This made me laugh. It was a well crafted insult. I guess I should clarify, though. I don't think Vandy would be a threat to contend in the Big10, but I don't really think their recruiting rankings or talent is that much different from our Gophers. They just don't get the benefit of playing Purdue and Illinois every year. Anywho - regardless if you agree with my take on Vandy I still think that the passing game of MTSU will be a stout test for our secondary, and I will be very impressed with our defensive structure if we can shut them down.

This made me laugh. It was a well crafted insult. I guess I should clarify, though. I don't think Vandy would be a threat to contend in the Big10, but I don't really think their recruiting rankings or talent is that much different from our Gophers. They just don't get the benefit of playing Purdue and Illinois every year. Anywho - regardless if you agree with my take on Vandy I still think that the passing game of MTSU will be a stout test for our secondary, and I will be very impressed with our defensive structure if we can shut them down.

Maybe because they are the equivalent of a Illinois or Purdue?

Maybe because they are the equivalent of a Illinois or Purdue?

Within their conference, they most certainly are (or more accurately, they may be described as the "Minnesota" because at least Purdue and Illinois win the conference occasionally). I'm just saying, they have the talent of a lower-middle class Big10 team. That certainly doesn't make MTSU world beaters, because they pretty much dominated the Blue Raiders...but Vanderbilt is potentially more talented than the Gophers - they just don't have a chance being in the conference of champions. I actually think Vandy and Minnesota have a lot in common - they both are in, undoubtedly, the coolest cities in their conference (sorry jNW - Evanston is not Chicago) but have built in struggles that limit their potential. Vandy actually gives a damn about academics, so they can't really compete with the other "colleges" in their conference - and we all know the numerous reasons why we can't seem to field a dominant team.

Within their conference, they most certainly are (or more accurately, they may be described as the "Minnesota" because at least Purdue and Illinois win the conference occasionally). I'm just saying, they have the talent of a lower-middle class Big10 team. That certainly doesn't make MTSU world beaters, because they pretty much dominated the Blue Raiders...but Vanderbilt is potentially more talented than the Gophers - they just don't have a chance being in the conference of champions. I actually think Vandy and Minnesota have a lot in common - they both are in, undoubtedly, the coolest cities in their conference (sorry jNW - Evanston is not Chicago) but have built in struggles that limit their potential. Vandy actually gives a damn about academics, so they can't really compete with the other "colleges" in their conference - and we all know the numerous reasons why we can't seem to field a dominant team.

Not even close. More accurately, Indiana. Outside of a handful of years, Vandy's recruiting classes have been ranked equal to or much worse than the Gophers.

Top Bottom