I almost got the thought -

He beat the same coach like 38-0 last year. He was then handed the keys to a 9 win, big ten team. You honestly don't think he was confident in his ability to beat Buffalo, using only a basic game plan?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
If you think this is the same team as last year you might just want to stop posting.

That Chris Streveler situation vs. San Jose ST. in 2014 was very odd. He was good enough for the Offense Gury Jerry Kill to recruit, and good enough to make our #2 QB, but when push came to shove he got zero chance. For me it was a case of horrible coaching or horrible recruiting, nothing against Chris.

For the record, when given a chance at SDSU last year, Chis showed he could throw a forward pass very well.

Well, don't give up the playbook in week two to win. Keep it to a field goal.

It's incredibly hard for me to believe that PJ was holding back when it was a one score game. However, that offense was so vanilla, it has to be the case? Right?

It's incredibly hard for me to believe that PJ was holding back when it was a one score game. However, that offense was so vanilla, it has to be the case? Right?
I guess we have to tune in next week to find out. I am really looking forward to it.

#Gophers coach PJ Fleck acknowledges on @wccoradio that they kept run game very basic vs. Buffalo on Thursday, with lota inside zone plays.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You can say Fleck is protecting his QB's, or you can say he doesn't trust his QB's to make good decisions. But, either way, it's a matter of record that Fleck is always talking about avoiding turnovers. I'm not a mind-reader, but I suspect that Fleck and the OC dialed back the game plan after the INT into the end zone, because they were worried about turnovers.

In the end, it goes into the book as a win.

Let's see what happens next week, and what the offense looks like next week. if - for the sake of argument - the Gophers fall behind - does Fleck open up the offense? only time will tell.

I don't think it is unusual for the playbook to be pretty basic early on in the season, especially with a new offense and QBs. They'll slowly add more and more to the playbook.

I guess I don't get the angst of some on here. First game with a new coaching staff, 2 inexperienced QBs, an oline that was not healthy for most of the year (remember the spring game) and we struggled. Big deal. It is a win. If this was year 3 or 4, sure, be worried.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Is it true the defense only had 3 returning starters?

I think it is much more likely that this was the first game and we plain and simple weren't sharp and some people didn't play well and some coaches didn't coach well. That doesn't mean we don't look good and play well next week at OSU and improve going forward.

I just think it is silly to pretend that we risked the game by letting it go into the 4th quarter within one score, all so that we didn't show our hand how good we are. You won't find one coach who would say that it is an actual strategy that they employ. It isn't like Fleck and the staff watched Penn State on Saturday and chuckled at how much of a screw up it was that Franklin won 52-0. Yet applauded UNLV for losing to Howard as a risk that was worth taking so that they didn't show anything to their Mountain West opponents.

How long before we demand Ciarroca job

Top Bottom