Tyler Johnson

I was surprised at the lack of reps for Still. Will Reger was in quite a bit.

I was surprised by this, too. But, damn, Tyrone Johnson.

The season has just started and let's see where we row this boat all season.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The thing that impressed me most about Johnson (and there are many things that impressed me) is his absolutely "smooth" speed. He is motoring and it looks effortless. Great hands as well. Could develop into a very complete receiver.

With the O-Line being relatively inexperienced playing together, we'll probably see Still, Lingen, and others get into the offense as time goes by.

Best Gopher WR since Decker. He will be playing on Sundays

Not ready to say he is going to play in the NFL, but I agree he's easily our best wide receiver since Decker. Unfortunately that's not saying much though - WR was one of the weakest (if not THE weakest) positions under Kill.

It was one game, but looked really promising!

More than one game. He played last year. Anyway you look at it he is going to play on Sundays.

More than one game. He played last year. Anyway you look at it he is going to play on Sundays.
This game was much different than any performance last year. Yards were in the 20-30 range last seasons in games, not much to talk about.

This game was much different than any performance last year. Yards were in the 20-30 range last seasons in games, not much to talk about.

Fair enough. Im fine driving the Tyler Johnson NFL bandwagon. Everyone will be on board by the end of the season

I love TJ6. I'm not ready to compare him to ED87 or even KJM1 quite yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He reminds me of what I think Lamar Jackson would look like playing WR in the NFL. Certainly not quite as elusive or dynamic but their build's just remind me so much of each other.

Lack of reps for Still would be an indication he isn't impressing anyone in practice. Then the reps he gets in this game he fails to get separation and on his one target fails to win a fight for the ball on a much smaller guy. If you can't get clean and can't win fights for balls it's tough to be an effective reciever. He probably has about the same number of chances Wozniak has to figure it out before we never hear from him again.

Just me, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Fleck pull the RS on Bell.He was just a tad behind Douglas in Fall practice before he got injured.

Lack of reps for Still would be an indication he isn't impressing anyone in practice. Then the reps he gets in this game he fails to get separation and on his one target fails to win a fight for the ball on a much smaller guy. If you can't get clean and can't win fights for balls it's tough to be an effective reciever. He probably has about the same number of chances Wozniak has to figure it out before we never hear from him again.
Still simply doesn't have what it takes. He rarely wins the 50/50 battles helping his qb with tough catches. I've been off his bandwagon for a while now. Hope I'm wrong.

Just me, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Fleck pull the RS on Bell.He was just a tad behind Douglas in Fall practice before he got injured.

He's still injured, he was in street clothes Thursday.

Fair enough. Im fine driving the Tyler Johnson NFL bandwagon. Everyone will be on board by the end of the season

Entirely possible, also possible that with some fresh game tape and improved defenses he gets schemed out by defenses. Just saying not to base an NFL career on one game against Buffalo.

With the O-Line being relatively inexperienced playing together, we'll probably see Still, Lingen, and others get into the offense as time goes by.

Please explain what one has to do with the other?

He's still injured, he was in street clothes Thursday.

Fleck will have to make an interesting call on Autman-Bell, assuming he didn't have a season ending injury.

Do you play him if he's good to go by game 4? Game 6? Game 8? Is he good enough to really make waves as a true freshman (like Corey Davis was)?

We are starving for more playmakers on offense. Outside of the Big 4 of the RBs, Ty, and hopefully a healthy Lingen I just don't know. We don't seem to really have a deep burner. We don't have a big body for the red zone outside of Holland and Lingen and Holland has yet to be targeted. Still is a huge question mark - does he buy in or shut down? Where is his head at? Douglas may be turn out to be good but he's a diminutive true freshman.

My guess: Fleck really wants to play CAB this year and we'll probably see him at some point if they can't get the other guys going. Youth movement.

Fleck will have to make an interesting call on Autman-Bell, assuming he didn't have a season ending injury.

Do you play him if he's good to go by game 4? Game 6? Game 8? Is he good enough to really make waves as a true freshman (like Corey Davis was)?

We are starving for more playmakers on offense. Outside of the Big 4 of the RBs, Ty, and hopefully a healthy Lingen I just don't know. We don't seem to really have a deep burner. We don't have a big body for the red zone outside of Holland and Lingen and Holland has yet to be targeted. Still is a huge question mark - does he buy in or shut down? Where is his head at? Douglas may be turn out to be good but he's a diminutive true freshman.

My guess: Fleck really wants to play CAB this year and we'll probably see him at some point if they can't get the other guys going. Youth movement.

I got the impression from something PJF said that if he can go in the OoC games he will play - if not, RS.

It was one half. Buffalo took him out after halftime. All his yards and catches were in yhe first half .

Sid asked about that on the Sports Huddle. Fleck said (paraphrasing) that the Gophers didn't throw the ball as much in the 2nd half because they were protecting the lead, and Fleck said "we couldn't afford another interception that might swing the game." In fairness, Fleck indicated that the Gophers went with a vanilla offense by design. I certainly hope there's more in the playbook we haven't seen yet.

Sid asked about that on the Sports Huddle. Fleck said (paraphrasing) that the Gophers didn't throw the ball as much in the 2nd half because they were protecting the lead, and Fleck said "we couldn't afford another interception that might swing the game." In fairness, Fleck indicated that the Gophers went with a vanilla offense by design. I certainly hope there's more in the playbook we haven't seen yet.
Um. So against a team that won two games last year, a team that you were more than 3 touchdown favorites over, you spent the second half not playing to win, rather playing not to lose. OK then.

I got the impression from something PJF said that if he can go in the OoC games he will play - if not, RS.

He also said he wanted to pick a starting QB by the third week of camp. I wonder, if Still can't get going, or there's an injury, and CAB really is as good as advertised he wouldn't play him. He can talk about delayed gratification all he wants, but when the rubber hits the road we need playmakers and we need to win games to help further his recruiting and start getting those (high) 3 stars and 4 stars. Can't afford a 5 win or worse season.

Um. So against a team that won two games last year, a team that you were more than 3 touchdown favorites over, you spent the second half not playing to win, rather playing not to lose. OK then.

With the way the defense was playing the game was never really in doubt IMO. This felt like a vintage Kill-era OOC game though. Three and out to start, soft defense early. Lean on the run and defense in the second half to close out the W. The things that made it uncomfortable were Rhoda taking points off the board and the two missed FGs. 26-7 or 30-7 sounds better than 17-7. It's going to get better.

It's almost as if he didn't trust his QBs...

What about Heimelewski (sp)? Any chance he'll see the field?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom