Traditions Check

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
We arrived a little late but the "traditions check"...offered in no particular order...appears to be from the Thursday night debut...

Still IN:

Hail Minnesota at the end
Tunnel Walk video
Skydivers
Band Pre-game, including downfield Block M
Doing The Gopher
Case IH Red Zone
That's another Golden Gopher First Down
Kiss Cam
Show Your Little Gopher

Looks OUT:
Ski U Mah cheer at start of game
Team along the sidelines for National Anthem
Rouser leading team on the field (played but drowned out by piped music)
Not sure on Swinging Gate by Band

Completely NEW Tradition
Goldy RTB
$2000 Giveaway
Minute or more pause before leaving the tunnel to go on to the field (not sure what was happening there)

Probably missed some. Being on the sidelines for the National Anthem at least goes back to Coach Mason.

We arrived a little late but the "traditions check"...offered in no particular order...appears to be from the Thursday night debut...

Still IN:

Tunnel Walk video
Skydivers
Doing The Gopher
Case IH Red Zone
Kiss Cam
Show Your Little Gopher

Looks OUT:
Ski U Mah cheer at start of game :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Completely NEW Tradition
Goldy RTB
$2000 Giveaway
Minute or more pause before leaving the tunnel to go on to the field (not sure what was happening there)

Probably missed some. Being on the sidelines for the National Anthem at least goes back to Coach Mason.

Mason was on the radio last week and he said the playing of the Anthem wouldn't cause as much problem for colleges as for the NFL, because many teams stay in the locker room until it's over. Can't remember if the Gophers at TCF were always on the sidelines for the Anthem. Seems like they were. Do know that opposing teams have came out onto the field after it was played in the past.

Been happy with Fleck since he was hired. Getting rid of that damn "Ski-u-Mah" fiasco?

Beautiful, just beautiful. :cheer:

I don't remember the Mason teams being on the sideline for the National Anthem (maybe on a couple occasions they were???). I think that was a new thing with the Brewster teams. YouTube has a 2005 video where the team comes out after the Anthem.

Swinging gates are still in!

I showed my Little Gopher to an interesting gal I met just last week. She still hasn't returned my text.:(

Mason teams were not on the field for the anthem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The music after the third quarter was ... odd. They did the same two songs they usually end with but nothing else before those two. Less time in between quarters now?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Still IN:

Tunnel Walk video
Skydivers
Doing The Gopher
Case IH Red Zone
Kiss Cam
Show Your Little Gopher

Looks OUT:
Ski U Mah cheer at start of game

Completely NEW Tradition
Goldy RTB
$2000 Giveaway

It was still there. I watched the entirety of pregame on the btn2go stream, and the pregame show was the same as it has been for the past 4 years. No changes.

Also, though maybe it was different in person, but it almost seemed to me that the piped music was an accident. On the stream it seemed to get quite about halfway through the rouser. Who knows though, someone will have to report after next home game.

Getting rid of that damn "Ski-u-Mah" fiasco?

Beautiful, just beautiful.

The single, unique, ours-alone phrase that we have, and you think it's a great idea to get rid of it? SMDH

Yippee, lets get a "Go Big Gold" chant going.

SkiUMah cheer was still there at beginning and during the game but it now has music behind it to give it more energy

SkiUMah cheer was still there at beginning and during the game but it now has music behind it to give it more energy

Drowns out all the people who don't participate. Good call then. People around us claimed they dropped it and we certainly didn't hear it.

I don't remember the Mason teams being on the sideline for the National Anthem (maybe on a couple occasions they were???). I think that was a new thing with the Brewster teams. YouTube has a 2005 video where the team comes out after the Anthem.

Swinging gates are still in!

Cannot find video, but I am pretty sure that Nystrom and Utecht sang the National anthem before a game or two with. teammates on the sideline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbhb8_-ESzI

I was happy to see most of our game-day traditions stayed - and glad the forced Ski-u-mah thing at the beginning was gone. The cheerleaders used the flags and did something with the students. It seemed more natural. Coming out of the tunnel was puzzling but maybe that will get worked on. Thought the music selection all night was great - but I'm a few years older than the college kids ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The music after the third quarter was ... odd. They did the same two songs they usually end with but nothing else before those two. Less time in between quarters now?

Correct. Scheduled time for the quarter breaks is now 2:00 instead of 3:05. There were also 4 scheduled TV timeouts per quarter rather than three. But, the scheduled total time of the breaks was the same. Scheduled length of breaks was 2:00 for all breaks in Q1 & Q3. 2:00 for the first three breaks and 1:30 for the fourth break of Q2 & Q4. Most of the TV timeouts still also have 10 second bumper on the front and backside of the breaks for the talking heads to throw it to or return it from break.

Swinging gates are still in.

The team was very early getting into the tunnel. There was supposed to be video of the walking down the tunnel followed by the video. Team was in the tunnel before the scheduled time of them coming down the tunnel.

Swinging gates are still in.

The team was very early getting into the tunnel. There was supposed to be video of the walking down the tunnel followed by the video. Team was in the tunnel before the scheduled time of them coming down the tunnel.

Any information about the piped music over the rouser when they came on the field? Was it a miscommunication, accident, or intended?

What year did swinging gates start?
What year was last big ten title?

I thought the music choices were odd, edited poorly and super short so the fans, even students, had trouble getting into them.

The old 3rd quarter dance tradition worked really well.

Any information about the piped music over the rouser when they came on the field? Was it a miscommunication, accident, or intended?

Accidental, they cut it once we got into the Rouser.

I finally found this thread. I hate bumping threads but I also hate hate hate starting new threads just for one stupid question.

Does anyone know what the music was during the tunnel walk this year? I'm not talking about The Next Episode, I'm talking about the instrumental that played as they showed the team walking to the field from the locker room.

I'll hang up and listen.

I finally found this thread. I hate bumping threads but I also hate hate hate starting new threads just for one stupid question.

Does anyone know what the music was during the tunnel walk this year? I'm not talking about The Next Episode, I'm talking about the instrumental that played as they showed the team walking to the field from the locker room.

I'll hang up and listen.

I don't know but are you talking about the "Whats your heart beating for" song?

Oh I just realized what you are thinking about. Kind of a "swing" beat to it and is played while fleck is walking down tunnel before the "heart beating for song". No words, hence, instrumental.

I wish they would get rid of the Swinging Gates. I know some people like it, but it's boring. Let's get something to replace it that has some pizzaz and gets the crowd going.

I wish they would get rid of the Swinging Gates. I know some people like it, but it's boring. Let's get something to replace it that has some pizzaz and gets the crowd going.

Could not disagree more. We love it and the band is a big part of why we get to our seats early. We love the swinging gates tradition.

The also kept the tradition of losing to Wisconsin.

I'll hang up and listen.

Anyone know the answer to RBG's question?

I'll hang up and listen.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...-Song-for-the-Fleck-Era&p=1457939#post1457939

Top Bottom