It would have been a disaster if Claeys had attempted this last year...

johndoe

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe that's why we had so many injuries the last couple years.

It's all about the kids [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NO.........it's all about PJ!!!!!

Come on. I'm sure he had kids making that jump too. Maybe the same kid he had lead the team on the field.

We'll know he's lost the team if he does it at some point and they all step back. :p

We'll know he's lost the team if he does it at some point and they all step back. :p

I gotta say - that would be hilarious (I feel like 3rd year Brewster would have experienced that). Also, even as a "diehard Fleck-guy" I'm a little disappointed to see this bullet fired after beating Buffalo 17-7. I mean the crowd surfing with players is one of the things I was looking forward to, but in my imagination it was after a little bigger victory.

It was his first victory ever as the U of M Golden Gophers head coach so I can see why he did it.
I had more of an issue with him after the game going to find Heather before heading down with the team to join in the song with the band.

It was his first victory ever as the U of M Golden Gophers head coach so I can see why he did it.
I had more of an issue with him after the game going to find Heather before heading down with the team to join in the song with the band.

Reaaaaly....Well isn't that a frosty Friday.

That's just me. I think you should be apart of the team first on game night and after your team things are done then you can do that.
What do you think PJ would have done if one of the players had run over to the stands and found their girl friend first and then joined the team after that? I'm thinking he wouldn't have been happy, and if he expects players to get to the endzone for that, then he should follow the same guidelines.

1st world problems if his wife being on the field is your gripe. First win at a new place should be a big deal anywhere

I believe Kill' s wife was on the field every game.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1st world problems if his wife being on the field is your gripe. First win at a new place should be a big deal anywhere

Yeah - but Kill and his wife weren't threatening to the old guard.

Lighten up. It isn't like he sprinted to the 10-yard line at the end of the quarter to hold his team meeting there. That would be stupid.

Minnesota hates change. Hates energy. Hates passion. I wish we would hire a mannequin to coach all teams. No personalities to deal with

Okay, this post about Claeys making this leap was the most amusing thing I have read on this board in a very long time.

He's all about the kids. That's why he leads the team on the field - to get out of the way first so the fans will then see only the kids.

Claeys wouldn't make it more than 3 inches off the ground. I'd be more like a slow rolling bowling ball rather than a run and jump.

Never said having his wife on the field was an issue.
What I took issue with, and it isn't a huge issue, was after his interview on TV he went running to the endzone where the team was all lined up arm in arm with the band playing. As he got close to where the team was at he abruptly stops and turned back around to have a moment with Heather, rather than having a moment with his team. With the way the players were all down there, it appeared to me that someone made it a point to make sure they were all down there as quick as possible. That someone would more than likely have to be PJ. If he is wanting that out of his players, then he should be doing that as well. He could have had his moment with her right after the game was over, before the interview or right after the team gathering for the song in the endzone, while the team was leaving the field.

Wasn't at all feeling threatened by it. Was excited and happy for the win.

What I took issue with, and it isn't a huge issue, was after his interview on TV he went running to the endzone where the team was all lined up arm in arm with the band playing. As he got close to where the team was at he abruptly stops and turned back around to have a moment with Heather, rather than having a moment with his team. With the way the players were all down there, it appeared to me that someone made it a point to make sure they were all down there as quick as possible. That someone would more than likely have to be PJ. If he is wanting that out of his players, then he should be doing that as well. He could have had his moment with her right after the game was over, before the interview or right after the team gathering for the song in the endzone, while the team was leaving the field.

PJ probably trying to avoid another divorce.

Cool video. Too bad some people couldn't see the good out of this.

How about that egomaniac Conor Rhoda talking to BTN instead of being with his teammates for this band thing?!!!! Kid should have his scholarship stripped and should start packing up to leave the U.

This thread is tacky, tasteless, and embarassing.

How about that egomaniac Conor Rhoda talking to BTN instead of being with his teammates for this band thing?!!!! Kid should have his scholarship stripped and should start packing up to leave the U.

Never said anything about him. He was asked to interview with them so he had to wait his turn, can't really do anything about that.

PJ is going to find Heather after the game.
I don't find this shocking or incorrect.

If the players feel that he abandoned them, then that's how they feel. Then obviously PJ wouldn't be creating enough of a relationship with his players.

Here we are as fans getting hyper-sensitive about the coach finding his wife after the game. I did see him dash across the field to shake hands with the other coach.
Had he walked slowly, he probably would have had less time to find Heather, so his absence from the team would have been even greater.

PJ talked repeatedly how coaching his first game as a Big Ten coach was going to be emotional for him since it's a dream come true. He said on day one Heather was going to be around a lot. I didn't have a problem with it with Kill or with Fleck.

Claeys trying to crowd surf would be a disaster.
But not nearly as big a disaster as if he would have only beaten Buffalo 17-7.

Cut him a little slack, will ya:confused: Heather likes her football. She was field-drilling coach later that same afternoon.

Top Bottom