Votes: 59 53.6%
  • Wake me when we get there.

Votes: 31 28.2%
  • Where are the exits?

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I'll catch the next one.

Votes: 15 13.6%

• Total voters
You've said 5 times you think he will win, but you don't believe in him. Do you mean you don't believe in him curing cancer? Having a good time at the beach? Please clarify.

Read the second paragraph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about this a lot.

Here's where I am.

I want the Gopher Football program to be successful. If Fleck can do that, great. I have some of the same issues with Fleck as Ozzy does, but I will live with it if the Gophers win.

BUT - I am a worrier by nature, and here is what worries me about Fleck. Fleck keeps talking about "getting younger before we get older," and about how vital the '18 and '19 recruiting classes will be. to me, that sounds like we (Gopher fans) are going to have to wait for 3 or 4 years to really find out if Fleck and his system will work in the B1G. If his system works, fine. But, if it turns out his approach does not work in the B1G, then we're 3 or 4 years down the road, and no closer to the type of program we all want to see.

to use a food analogy: Kill and Claeys were like meatloaf. Not fancy, but filling. Kill and Claeys may never have scaled the heights, but they provided 7 or 8 wins and a bowl game every year. It may have been meatloaf, but it was good meatloaf, and a lot tastier than what the previous coach was serving.

Fleck is promising us a gourmet meal. But can he deliver? Did the Gophers throw away a perfectly good meatloaf, only to be left with scraps? That is what haunts me - the possibility that Coyle swung and missed on his big coaching hire, and 3 or 4 years down the road, we'll be back at square one, starting another coaching search. I don't want to go through another coaching search. Again, I hope Fleck is "the one." But, if he's not the one, then we as Gopher Fans are facing a lot more disappointment. I just don't know if I can handle it.

You'd have the same problem with another new coach in 3-4 years.... Guess you can't win....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

How could we be on or off a Bandwagon on a team that last won a championship in 1967? If your a Gopher football fan I think you are pretty much "down with the sickness". I would think many of us have been on the extended bandwagon for quite a long while. Pretty difficult to judge a coaching staff after one game in which your team didn't give up more than 7 points? I liked the fact that there were no procedural penalty's or pre-snap infractions by the Gophers. I guess that would make me on the bandwagon.

Well, 5 pages in and quite a bit of negativity from a few posters.

The good thing is that over 80% of voters are either Driving the bus or comfortably asleep. I'll run the poll again after this week's game and see where we are then with a few more options.

GO Gophers!

Top Bottom