Votes: 31 28.2%
  • Where are the exits?

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I'll catch the next one.

Votes: 15 13.6%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
It's only one game and we won. Plus I'm a life long Gopher fan so I never get off the bandwagon, but how comfortable are you in your seat right now?

Choices explained:

I'm Driving - not only on the bus I'm telling everyone we are awesomely elite and will roll the Badgers this year!

Wake me when we get there - I'm confident enough in the driver to relax and just enjoy the ride. But I wouldn't encourage others to take any of my sleeping area.

Where are the exits - This thing could blow up any second and I'm not taking chances by not reviewing the primary exits!

I'll catch the next one. - this bus is not for me.

I'm in the boat ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like these options. Where is the "I'm disappointing, but still on the bandwagon" option?

Always on. This is probably not the forum for anyone who would not stay on.

Always on. This is probably not the forum for anyone who would not stay on.

What about all those that want PJ to fail?

I don't like these options. Where is the "I'm disappointing, but still on the bandwagon" option?

Yes you're disappointing to many people I'm sure![emoji6]

one game in and 25% already had enough.

Pulling support for the coach after one game, a win no less, would be kind of ridiculous.

We were at the game, a couple rows from the Buffalo sideline. So I could see the game well. The o-line is going to have to step it up a lot, otherwise we're in trouble come conference play. They haven't had a long time to gel as a unit, so hopefully they will get better every game. The 2 QB situation seems to have taken both out of rhythm. #6 is going to be a beast. The defense is more impressive than I thought it would be. Overall though, it's game one of a totally new offense and defense, so I will take a win. It could have been more impressive if we didn't miss 2 FGs. Great seat, great atmosphere & had a blast. It was my boy's first game at TCF, so they'll remember forever.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last night reminded me of why I don't like what come ma along with coaching changes. We'll lose at least two games due to changes. It's going to take time and I am not patient. I also felt like we did just enough to win and used a limited number of plays. I always hoped with the Kill era that the basic play calling would change with better competition and it never did. I still think PJ was the right hire and can coach.its obvious after last night he's not Brewster. Far more disciplined and good game management.

Been on the bandwagon for over 50 years, so no need to change. I didn't have a chance to watch the game, but when you look at the stats is wasn't nearly as close as the score

This would be the "Where are the exits?" option.

Rationale to choices:

I'm Driving - not only on the bus I'm telling everyone we are awesomely elite and will roll the Badgers this year!

Wake me when we get there - I'm confident enough in the driver to relax and just enjoy the ride. But I wouldn't encourage others to take any of my sleeping area.

Where are the exits - This thing could blow up any second and I'm not taking chances by not reviewing the primary exits!

I'll catch the next one. - this bus is not for me.

Been on the bandwagon for over 50 years, so no need to change. I didn't have a chance to watch the game, but when you look at the stats is wasn't nearly as close as the score

Right. It wasn't as close as the score suggested. Two missed field goals and a pick right at the goal line.

Right. It wasn't as close as the score suggested. Two missed field goals and a pick right at the goal line.

So many are forgetting this point...worst case was zero points, most nights this is 10 or 13 points...doubles the margin and changes everything.

My only real concern is our Oline..we should have gotten a much bigger push against them and didn't. Our QB is going to be as expected...suspect or worse. Need to manage the game and not throw interceptions in the end zone.

So many are forgetting this point...worst case was zero points, most nights this is 10 or 13 points...doubles the margin and changes everything.

My only real concern is our Oline..we should have gotten a much bigger push against them and didn't. Our QB is going to be as expected...suspect or worse. Need to manage the game and not throw interceptions in the end zone.

I agree 100% you can't throw interceptions in the end zone. But why take a timeout and target the other teams absolute best pass defender? Why seemingly give the quarterback one option after a timeout call? ...obviously the emphasis after the discussion. Not the coaches finest moment of the night either. Put your guys in a position to succeed.

This team has talent. There is no reason to believe the coaches won't catch up to the talent level. They won 13 games last year. Our guys won 9.

First, is this poll aimed at Fleck, or the team as a whole? It's not clear to me.

Regarding Fleck/the new culture, I vote none of the above. I'll hold back on judgement until more than one game has been played.... I'm not the rah rah, in your face type of guy, so Fleck and I seem to be very different people. I'm not a college football player at, or considering, the U though. Maybe this is exactly the type of coach the players like, as the whole team seems to have bought in. As long as the players and recruits like him, and we win (IN TIME!!!, a la Pitino), I will be ecstatic.

Seems kind of crazy that after the first game vs Buffalo where vanilla O and D were used we are quick to label the Fleck hire a failure. Let alone this was the first time playing a game in a new system. No, the game was not pretty at times, but if we had won by 50, I'd be "voting" the same way. Give the players and coaches time to adjust. Ill be more apt to categorize the temperature of my chili for this season after week 3 or 4, and by year 2 or 3 for Fleck & culture. I'll NEVER EVER leave the gopher bandwagon, even if my cardiovascular health may suffer like it did at times Thursday. Go Gophers!!

If I were ever to get off the wagon it would have happened a long time ago. I know that is necessary sometimes, but trying to pass for a short TD is dangerous - way too many defenders per square yard. Its hard to get open (without an illegal pick) and deflections will usually end up in someone's hands, someone who is not the intended receiver. Go Gophers!

Pulling support for the coach after one game, a win no less, would be kind of ridiculous.
I'm pulling support for the excessive use of "Row the Boat"... But always on board for the team. I'm a lifer... Warts and all

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If the bandwagon has Guinness, I'm staying. [emoji481]

Always on. Gophers didn't show their true abilities with what they can and will do both offensively and defensively. We'll see a much better game by them this week. Ski-U-Mah

You really have to feel sorry for the Negative Nellies. They can't stand a positive person like P.J. Fleck. It's gonna drive them nuts. How will they be able to maintain their miserable effing existence with all this positivity?

Top Bottom