Which co-starting QB do you think played better vs Buffalo?

• Rhoda

Votes: 49 36.8%
  • Croft

Votes: 84 63.2%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Too close to call. I think Croft is more talented and gives the defense more to think about, but Rhoda plays with a lot more confidence and seems to make quicker decisions. I think Croft will be the starter by mid-season.

Not sure who played better, but I think the offense was better with Croft (save the TJ6 TD).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhoda seems to throw a better ball and be a bit more accurate but Croft seems to make the offense work better as a whole because of his athleticism and ability to run the read option. I guess I'll go with Croft but it's a toss up for me.

I voted Croft. Rhoda had higher highs (though Tyler Johnson made him look really good with the TD catch & run) but also lower lows. Both QBs made some good plays with their feet, evading sacks.

Croft's run late in the 4th quarter for a first down was huge. Very mature play by him, and it gives me a lot of hope for his future. I don't expect Fleck to choose one over the other before next week, but I think Croft took a small step forward.

Both had their moments. Rhoda would have looked much better if it wasn't for that terrible throw to kill that drive at the end of the half. I hope Fleck can pick one over the other because I think it hurts the team having to go back and forth. Let the offense get into a rhythm. I'd be fine with either, I think Croft is slightly better because his legs add a dimension to his game

They were about equal in the passing game. Croft brings so much more to the running game, that's it's not close, IMO.

Croft. Our offensive line is atrocious so far....and we're gonna need a guy to scramble. That's the separation between these two.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Equal in the passing game?

I know Rhoda has better #'s thanks to the long touchdown, but he also threw an inexcusable pick, so yes, equal. You can argue either way, but there was no wide gap in the passing game.

I know Rhoda has better #'s thanks to the long touchdown, but he also threw an inexcusable pick, so yes, equal. You can argue either way, but there was no wide gap in the passing game.

Yes, the pick was bad. Lingren went for fade, Rhoda threw a back shoulder. The offense had a passing game when one QB was in, they didn't when the other was in

I'm slightly leaning toward Croft. I think Rhoda had some moments, of course that touchdown pass. However, the pass that was picked off was really poor. Croft, while he wasn't perfect, still made some good passes, but more importantly, he was able to scramble and run, leading to a huge first down. That athleticism could certainly come in handy.

Rhoda only had triple the yards [emoji3]

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

He also threw 10 more passes, was aided heavily by a 61 yard touchdown and threw a God Awful INT. He also had 32 fewer rushing yards and our RBs had a tougher time running when he was in there as everyone knew CR15 wasn't keeping the ball.

He also threw 10 more passes, was aided heavily by a 61 yard touchdown and threw a God Awful INT. He also had 32 fewer rushing yards and our RBs had a tougher time running when he was in there as everyone knew CR15 wasn't keeping the ball.

What do rushing yards have to do with the post that was being replied to? "Equal in the passing game "

+1. Arguing yardage when one had 50 YAC on one play is like arguing the pitcher with the most wins is better.

What do rushing yards have to do with the post that was being replied to? "Equal in the passing game "

Not much. Put it in a separate sentence for that reason. The rest of the post stands on its own.

That aside, throwing a terrible pick in the red zone is more important than how many YAC Johnson had.

+1. Arguing yardage when one had 50 YAC on one play is like arguing the pitcher with the most wins is better.

Ahhh yes, next time Rhoda should throw the ball to a receiver who will get tackled immediately so we have a fair comparison. Good call

They are both bad. Let's all agree on that.

Rhoda really hurt himself the the INT. Coaches preach the ball is the program.

gotta love game 1 of 2017, coming off a year with what, 3 big ten passing touchdowns(?) and people are complaining because a 61 yard touchdown only traveled 20 yds in the air

gotta love game 1 of 2017, coming off a year with what, 3 big ten passing touchdowns(?) and people are complaining because a 61 yard touchdown only traveled 20 yds in the air

What are you even talking about? Since you are so keen on what the post was about - the topic came up when someone pointed out CR15 had 3-times the passing yards.

They are both bad. Let's all agree on that.

I don't think either one looked "bad" today. They weren't playing world-beaters, but they combined for one bad play all game. And they each made a handful of plays that I don't think Leinder would have made last year (and I was more pro-Leidner than most on here).

Certainly, neither quarterback is great. But it's all sorts of disingenuous to call the both bad.

I honestly don't know who to vote for. Both did some good things but both made mistakes.

What are you even talking about? Since you are so keen on what the post was about - the topic came up when someone pointed out CR15 had 3-times the passing yards.

I mean was it a screen pass? Is Rhoda supposed to apologize for throwing a strike 15+ yds down field to an open receiver? Great play by Johnson, great throw by Rhoda. How much YAC on the bubble screens Croft completed? Did he complete a pass more than 3 yds downfield besides the one to Carter?

Does Rhoda get any credit for the perfect pass while being hit on a 3rd down that bounced off Wozniak's hands?

Both QBs had an equal amount of good and bad passes. Both looked fine handing the ball up the middle. Neither one separated themselves from the other. Both were mediocre.
Dan the Common Man must be thrilled. [emoji41]

They were about equal in the passing game. Croft brings so much more to the running game, that's it's not close, IMO.

Agreed. We have to have a QB who isn't afraid to run. In the passing game, both QBs were competent enough but the QB has to be a threat to run on our team. The big problem tonight was the offensive line.

Top Bottom