White Helmets Are Coming

gophers141

Reaction score
From an inside source...we will be wearing white helmets later this season.

PS our band is rowing on the field...

no1.jpg

From an inside source...we will be wearing white helmets later this season.

PS our band is rowing on the field...

$10 and my left nut says they have more phrases and logos having to do with PJ Fleck than the University of Minnesota. That is one thing we can count on while he's here and our AD has the spine with the same tensile strength as a blade of grass in every color under the rainbow.

One of my favorite uniforms was the all white they wore under Brewster.

$10 and my left nut says they have more phrases and logos having to do with PJ Fleck than the University of Minnesota. That is one thing we can count on while he's here and our AD has the spine with the same tensile strength as a blade of grass in every color under the rainbow.

So I see you are using the news of possible white helmets to take a dig at the AD. Par for the course with you.

The white helmet might be a throwback to the last NC & B1G championships in the 1960s

Full storm trooper is coming. We are going to be the Oregon of the BIG. ITs not for us (I like it tho, I am a millenial), its for recruits, and If you want to win, suck it up sally and let hime do what hes gonna do. If it fails in three years, then so be it.

Just a guess but I don't think they're completely getting rid of maroon matte helmet. So I think 4+ helmets this year is likely.

I am pretty conservative when it comes to uniforms but I liked the helmets last night and I like the white helmets. Just no shiny/metallic gold please.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

I know, right? White helmets are so dumb.

hagberg.jpg

rosebowl62.jpg

So I see you are using the news of possible white helmets to take a dig at the AD. Par for the course with you.

Yes. Our AD is a spineless simp. When that becomes an issue, as it is with the University of PJ Fleck approach, I have no problem taking a shot at him. He deserves it.

Full storm trooper is coming. We are going to be the Oregon of the BIG. ITs not for us (I like it tho, I am a millenial), its for recruits, and If you want to win, suck it up sally and let hime do what hes gonna do. If it fails in three years, then so be it.

If the changes to the uniform are all about the University of Minnesota, I won't like it, but I understand the arguments you make. If it is about the Minnesota program, and becomes a tradition (Brick by Brick) and the team decides to put in on the helmet, so be it. If it's the coach driving his personal brand, that will never be acceptable. I get that I had better get used to being disappointed, but that doesn't mean I should roll over and take it. None of us should.

Maybe a big pot of steaming Chili? Would that have been acceptable? Or a big grin down the center stripe?

Yes. Our AD is a spineless simp. When that becomes an issue, as it is with the University of PJ Fleck approach, I have no problem taking a shot at him. He deserves it.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
I'll wait to see what they look like and possibly approve or complain then.

The picture of Cupito in the countdown thread was a great classic look. White helmet (with numbers on the side I think), maroon jersey and white pants! 1960 championship look.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not a fan of white. Liked yesterday's new helmets more than I would have guessed (love the matte, don't like RTB, but they did look sharp, IMO) so maybe I'll like white too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people's hatred for Coyle, is bigger than their love for the program.

Well, when the guy went against the norm of sticking with a coach, even though it was obvious to many they were in over their heads. And then hiring a search committee to fill a major coaching vacancy and then finally hiring a coach that was way down the list. Nope, instead he actually had a plan, executed it and hired the hottest up and coming coach in the country that has brought excitement and national exposure to the program not seen in decades. Yup, pretty easy to hate the guy.

Well I guess it is the opposite of the all black uniform trend that everyone does.

I'll raise you by 5$

or some peoples love for the program gives them significant concerns over the future of a rudderless organization.

Hey, it's America, so you can say whatever you want no matter how wrong or misguided you are. Enjoy!

I don't have an issue with the hire. His total lack of leadership during the crisis, his inability to speak publicly without creating more confusion, and the absolutely classless way he handled the firing, all are despicable, yes.

Top Bottom