Shiny sparkly maroon helmets with a stripe!

Helmets are fine. Adding some gold made them look better with the jerseys, although I'll always prefer more gold in a uni combo.

As for PJ Fleck, if he brings in top 25 recruiting classes every year and takes us to a NYD6 bowl (Rose Bowl?!), I don't care if he runs naked down Hennepin for attention. I personally don't think he's a megalomaniac. He does like to win football games -- and he does all of this stuff in order to recruit and win.

I don't understand how some people act like he hasn't promoted the school. He's promoted the school and program nationally more than any coach I can remember.

I am with you GII, Nobody gave two sh!ts about the university of minnesota nationally for the last 50 years, and he has definitley brought some eyes on us.

As for the helmet, the stripe looks very sharp and gives a good classic look.

Like the helmet. Stripe was ok, as it went with the whole uni combo that they wore.
Haven't ever been a fan of the black mask though.

He does garner a lot of attention.

But....

He promotes himself. We're just along for the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you watch the ESPN U series? The last episode was a 30 minute recruiting video for the football team that played on national television. Nearly every power 5 head coach has a massive ego and does a certain amount of self promotion (even the great Jerry Kill) but the bottom line with Fleck is much of the attention seeks him out and not the other way around.

I get that some get annoyed with the sayings and what not but look at the amount of exposure this program has gotten since Fleck was hired. Some may like not like that much of the attention is on Fleck himself but the fact of the matter is that before Fleck places like ESPN could have cared less about us.

Love the helmets, should have a bit more flash to 'em, but it's a start.

I like 'em. Think they look better than the old one's. I like the stripe and I think the helmet looks like a darker maroon and I like that too!

I don't like "Row the Boat" Every time I see Row the Boat added to official team gear, every time I see little oars on the scoreboard to represent time outs left, every time I hear it chanted - I am reminded we will all look dumb someday when Fleck leaves for a so-called bigger job or fails. I will gladly admit I am wrong if Fleck both becomes successful AND stays here.

I was not a fan of the helmets. The old sparkly helmets just reminded me too much of when they were in use during the Brewster years to a point extra stripes and different color face masks could not overcome.

Another shot
12817348.jpeg

Didn't think I'd like the stripes but they look sharp.
12817073.jpeg

FINALLY some damn stripes! Now get some on the paints and they wont look like JV practice uniforms anymore

On their own, I did like the matte finish maroon helmets. But when paired with our maroon uni's, things were always a bit off. Helmets were quite a bit darker color.

USAT Mitch Leidner_1476219561560_6482073_ver1.0.jpg

Stripe or not, at least now they match the uni color better.

brooks.jpg

On their own, I did like the matte finish maroon helmets. But when paired with our maroon uni's, things were always a bit off. Helmets were quite a bit darker color.

View attachment 5076

Stripe or not, at least now they match the uni color better.

View attachment 5077

I mentioned this in another thread. I feel the same way, maybe they'll lighten up the matte color a little bit so it matches better.

If you don't quite understand it, let me help you out. THe head coach IS the program. If you don't think so, just ask 'Bama fans the difference between their program when Mike Shula was the head at the helm and now woth Saban at the helm. Get over it and enjoy the ride.

Top Bottom