Curry: "it will really help us out this year if I’m able to shoot the ball well."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Curry: "it will really help us out this year if I’m able to shoot the ball well."

per Marcus' Q&A:

Q: Coach Pitino talked about you and Jordan Murphy as being two of the most improved players this summer. What have you worked on the most?

EC: Coach Pitino had a sit down talk with me before we were released this month. He just told me I would be a real hard player to guard if I was able to knock down the three ball consistently. He’s seen that from last year. So I’ve been working on that a lot. I think it will really help us out this year if I’m able to shoot the ball well.

Q: You played a lot as a freshman at both power forward and center. What do you think your role will be this season?

EC: Me being able to play two positions last year will help out this year as well. Coach P has been talking about me playing a lot of (center) this year. I should be able to be a mismatch at the five position with my speed, size and skill. That comes in handy. I know the expectations are high for the fans and from him for me, so I want to be able to live up to it.

Q: Is there an area where the frontcout can improve as a whole, especially at forward?
EC: Defend more. Lock up a lot of guys. Last year a lot of guys got their career highs on us. So locking down those premiere guys in the post is going to be fun this year.

Q: How much of a battle has it been with (All-Big Ten forward) Jordan Murphy in practice this summer?

EC: That's every practice, every day since summer last year. It's pretty fun guarding him every day. (Amir asked who usually wins those battles?). Murph (Curry laughs). Murph has developed a jumper as well. So that's going to help out a lot. People already can't guard him in the post as it is. So him stretching his game is going to be hard for people to guard him even more.

Q: You played your last two season of high school basketball at Southwest Christian in Arkansas. What will it be like to play with the Gophers in Fayetteville this season?

EC: I’m going to know everybody in the Arena that night. Everybody is probably going to hate my guts. But it’s going to be pretty fun going there and playing in front of my friends I made when I was in Arkansas. I was there for two years.

Q: So what’s up with buzz cut and getting rid of all your big, frizzy hair from last year?

EC: My mom actually cried when I cut my hair. She was in tears. But I just felt like it was getting irritating. It was all in my face. I couldn’t make a couple shots and I couldn’t make some layups during the games. I just wanted a new look. I’m feeling older now.

Q: How was it getting to play in the Twin Cities Pro Am with other Gophers teammates this summer?

EC: It was pretty fun just showcasing our skills and what we’ve been working on all summer. Showing the fans how much better we’ve got. So it was pretty cool.

http://www.startribune.com/sophomor...-improvement-and-high-expectations/442029803/

Go Gophers!!

Aaaaaaand he's out for the Season with a knee injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love you Eric. We will win the Big Ten this year just for you.

This really sucks. But during his recovery, he can just shoot alot and practice his shot. Might come back as a good shooter. Alot of kids w acls do as for quite a few months all they can do is stand and shoot

Top Bottom