What is your prediction for butts in seat at Gophers season opener?

• 46,000+

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • 42,000 - 45,999

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • 38,000 - 41,999

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • 35,000 - 38,999

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Less than 35,000

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score

I think we will be surprised by the number they announce, and it will be closer to 50K than 44K, but that might be PR by the U.

I have always thought the U should give away as many seats as possible to students and others to fill the seats and create the appearance of success. Maybe Fleck has convinced Coyle to work with him on creating some energy in the NE end. I do not see a downside to giving away all student tickets until the general public shows some inclination that they will buy up any of those seats. Then again they did pay that consulting company to drive away thousands of us after the 2014 season, so we will see. I hope Coyle fired those clowns.

Regardless of my bitterness over the post 2014 increases, I will be at TCF tomorrow at 5:41 PM or so when the band hits the field. I will not be in my old, great seats in 112, but I'll be in row 1 of the upper deck, for $30 each on Stubhub,. That is not a bad price and back when I was a season ticket holder I was always interested in those upper deck row 1 seats, so this will be great.

43,780 announced. About 39,000 in seats.

I'll go with 46,720 announced and 42,000 actually in the seats.

Student section should be good since I think incoming Freshmen are given tickets to the game as part of their orientation or whatever (at least they had been in the past).

Student section should be good since I think incoming Freshmen are given tickets to the game as part of their orientation or whatever (at least they had been in the past).

First game student section is always full for the reason you state. I think the students section will be better this year as the U seems to really be making a better attempt at involving them. The scholarship give away is great.

Don't really care!! I know two butts that are flying in this afternoon to take in the game!! Woo Hoo!!

Don't really care, I know I'm going to be there with a lot of other Happy Gopher fans! Go Gophers and SKI-U-MAH!!!!!!

Maybe it's such an exciting blowout by the Gophs that everybody stands the whole game...

Maybe it's such an exciting blowout by the Gophs that everybody stands the whole game...

Gees. We couldn't even get to the 1st game before a "Sit vs. Stand" reference...:mad:

Gees. We couldn't even get to the 1st game before a "Sit vs. Stand" reference...:mad:

Since you went there...I'm not LL between the 40s, so nobody around me cares...unless those standing are from Iowa. Most of that group sat even during the Mich goal line play.

44,512 - 2 as Mrs Bayfield and me are stuck up here in Bayfield. Our new house going up and there are deadlines to meet.

Go Gophers!!!

none. They will all be standing out of sheer excitement during the whole game

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Student section looks great, other than that there are a lot of empty seats. Hopefully it's due to everything else going on in the Cities

43,224 was the announced attendance/tickets sold

Top Bottom