***OFFICIAL BUFFALO AT MINNESOTA SEASON OPENING IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I'm not really bailing on Carpenter yet either, but kickers are a fickle bunch. When it goes south, it goes south.
True, true. Which is also why I'm picking Walsh to have an All Pro year in Seattle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Good series for AS34

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much looks like last year's team with a worse offensive line. Hope the D can step up like this against better competition.

Most screen passes aren't laterals.

If you're going to predetermine that before the snap, then you're right.

Either way, you have a TD lead against one of the worst teams in the nation, and you're trying not to get embarrassed. A loss here sets a tone.

Fine, screen pass away, if you're so inclined. It'll probably hurt you more than it'll help with the blockling they're getting. If a ball gets dropped in space (whether a lateral or a fumble) it's 6 and you're tied. This team's ID is supposed to be defense.

As said, you'll be lambasted endlessly for not RUTM against an inferior team if you get cute and lose. I'm all for excitement, but there is also practicality and reality to consider.

Again, the run works much better with DC. That extra second the D freezes makes all the difference.

If you're going to predetermine that before the snap, then you're right.

Either way, you have a TD lead against one of the worst teams in the nation, and you're trying not to get embarrassed. A loss here sets a tone.

Fine, screen pass away, if you're so inclined. It'll probably hurt you more than it'll help with the blockling they're getting. If a ball gets dropped in space (whether a lateral or a fumble) it's 6 and you're tied. This team's ID is supposed to be defense.

As said, you'll be lambasted endlessly for not RUTM against an inferior team if you get cute and lose. I'm all for excitement, but there is also practicality and reality to consider.
Boy, if we're terrified to run something as simple as a screen......

Again, the run works much better with DC. That extra second the D freezes makes all the difference.

Right. His 3rd down run to get a first is what we need to open some other runs. The threat it can happen is all we need.

The ball did cross the line, but he didn't start blocking until the catch was made, so it's not illegal?

Croft seems too hesitant on some of these runs.

Is that like Herb Brooks, "You're playing worse every day, and right now You're playing like It's next week!"
It's more like we are getting our chili hot.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Kill, Claeys and Co. would've gotten destroyed for a performance like this. I hope we're all somewhat intellectually honest about this and don't just make excuses for Fleck. I won't name names.

Kill, Claeys and Co. would've gotten destroyed for a performance like this. I hope we're all somewhat intellectually honest about this and don't just make excuses for Fleck. I won't name names.

Kill, Claeys and Co did get destroyed, many times for this. And rightly so.

Fleck should get destroyed for a performance like this. The team has looked ill prepared, against what might be one of the worst FBS teams. Ugly running game, can't make the offensive plays when we need to. We don't look physically talented enough to take over any game, and that falls on the coaches.

Although - in my opinion - in the first game of a new staff, there's some grey area that the last few years wouldnt have had, and it's hard to separate coaching talent from system implementation and "learning curve" at this point. Remember, Kill lost to New Mexico State.

Bummer to have a lackluster first game when you have a chance get the student body excited about the program for the entire season.

There have been a lot of frustrating moments, but let's be honest. They've dominated this game far more than the score indicates.

Top Bottom