***OFFICIAL BUFFALO AT MINNESOTA SEASON OPENING IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Not to mention 7 vs San Jose State in 2014 and 3 (Florida Atlantic), 6 (Indiana) and 7 (Purdue) in 2008. Early season for the stats guys too I guess. Agreed the D looked good though.

Yeah, I made the mistake of trusting the talking heads. I should have known that wasn't exactly accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expected strength, linebackers and it showed. Did Barber intercept that deflected pass?

Expected strength, running backs, they both played well without much blocking.

Expected weakness, Offensive line played as we thought they might. Better pass blocking than I expected though.

Expected weakness, QB, both showed some flash then not so much.

Missed opportunities. Two missed FG, INT in the end zone, dropped potential pick 6.

Running game was very frustrating. Hopefully it was just a lot of rust in the first game.

#35 cornerback on defense did not play well for us. Not sure who it was but he was getting burned. Especially in the first half

A lot of missed opportunities, this game should have been a blow out but the lack of depth and experience really showed. I'll reserve judgement until after the OSU game.

Time for honesty- at this point, every game is in doubt. Middle Tennessee State is a lot better than Buffalo. Buffalo was by far the easiest game on the schedule. Going on the road to Oregon State is going to be a big challenge. They will be playing their third game and should beat Portland State. The defense gave up a lot of yards through the air against a team that has no running game and therefore no balance. Lots of work to do.

There will be lots of people spending time in the film room.

To correct my previous post it was #34 and was Shenault

Played much better in the 2nd- and the long completion against him was perfectly thrown with him in decent position.
The CBs seemed to be playing very soft in the first qtr similar to last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't have high expectations for this team, but I still came away from this game thinking I need to reevaluate things. The biggest concern to me was the Offensive Line being unable to open lanes/get a push against what profiles as the weakest run defense we will see all year. On the defensive side of the ball, I was disappointed that we really couldn't get to the passer and Buffalo was close to hitting on a few more deep passes that could have made this game even more uncomfortable. We clearly don't have the same level of corners as we did in the past 3 years and they are going to give up a lot of yards through the air if we can't put the QB on the ground.

You could tell PJ was concerned at halftime and it has to be alarming to him to see how this team played against a Buffalo squad that was destroyed by his WMU team. They are definitely going to have to "change their best" if they want to avoid a bowl free season.

Top Bottom