***OFFICIAL BUFFALO AT MINNESOTA SEASON OPENING IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Fleck should get destroyed for a performance like this. The team has looked ill prepared, against what might be one of the worst FBS teams. Ugly running game, can't make the offensive plays when we need to. We don't look physically talented enough to take over any game, and that falls on the coaches.

Although - in my opinion - in the first game of a new staff, there's some grey area that the last few years wouldnt have had, and it's hard to separate coaching talent from system implementation and "learning curve" at this point. Remember, Kill lost to New Mexico State.

Question. How can this coaching staff be responsible for physical talent right now

This will be a win*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are MAC officials btw..

It's been a frustrating game, but we've really had some momentous screw-ups. Two missed FGs and a poor decision by the QB at the end of the half. Still have a long ways to go both in this game and on the season.

Some awful officiating. They should have to officiate this game for all eternity as punishment.

It's been a frustrating game, but we've really had some momentous screw-ups. Two missed FGs and a poor decision by the QB at the end of the half. Still have a long ways to go both in this game and on the season.
Works in progress

What an ugly first game. People want to get excited about this team but a performance like this doesn't get anyone excited. A close victory over Buffalo for crying out loud. Let's hope they improve dramatically next week and beyond or it will be a very ugly year.

Anyone else see their receiver on that last 3rd down lined up at least a yard beyond the line of scrimmage?

Time to ditch the 2 QB idea. Pick one and make an offensive identity.

7 points is lowest point total against Gophers since 2006. Good job defense!

Well, at least, we are more optimistic than Vikings fans at this point.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Even those 7 pts were from 2 very well covered pass plays. The D looked good.

So, defense looks good and some key mistakes by the offense sure didn't help. If we punch it in at the end of the half and Carpenter makes the kicks we would have had a much better lead. Hopefully we come out stronger vs Oregon State.

Looking forward to catching some more college football this weekend.

It wasn't domination, but I'm not overly concerned. I'd like them to choose a QB (preferably Croft), and that offensive line needs to improve. PJ and Heather running to join the alma matter in front of the student section is a good thing, too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Time to move on. Change your best. Grow from the failures. Worry about OSU.

My final analysis:
Offense: C....Some good passes, some good receiving...O-line sub par run blocking...Rhoda..meh ..some good passes firsthalf..bad decision on intrception...Croft..good morning of passes and scrambles.....the dual QB situation ot solved.
Defense: B+....good on making stops...lot of bending without breaking...kept Buff under 10 pts
Special teams: C+ would be higher if not for misses FG..Santoso good...good punt/kickoff coverage
Coaching: C...good mix of plays in first half..2nd half not so muh/very conservative
Overall: C. Was hoping for more..it's a long season for improvement
GO GOPHERS!

Actually since 2015 against Kent State in a 10-7 win in the most boring football game ever played.

Honestly, this is about what I expected. It's going to take some time as it always does with a new coach.

Actually since 2015 against Kent State in a 10-7 win in the most boring football game ever played.

Not to mention 7 vs San Jose State in 2014 and 3 (Florida Atlantic), 6 (Indiana) and 7 (Purdue) in 2008. Early season for the stats guys too I guess. Agreed the D looked good though.

We've got the first game done.

The defense held up better than I expected. Not superb, but good enough.

My worries about our offensive line where confirmed. They have to improve drastically in the next three weeks because if they don't, the Gophers will be left in the dust in the B1G West.

Should they have gone out and get a couple of Jucos? PJ Fleck has a different philosophy about that. He does not want to sacrifice the short term fix for the long term.

No doubt, I think the team will improve. We have to be patient.

Offense is brutal. Combo of bad line and bad QBs.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom