Sid: Gophers fundraising announcement coming; could it be naming rights at Barn?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Gophers fundraising announcement coming

University President Eric Kaler said this week that the Athletes Village continues to be on-time and on-budget when it comes to construction. But when it comes to fundraising, he said there are good things on the horizon with a big announcement or two coming.

“We’re pretty excited about where we are actually; we should be able to make a pretty big announcement within a week or two and another one after that,” Kaler said. “I’m really comfortable with where we are. Those are important facilities. We think about being in the Big Ten and I’ve said for a long time that if we’re going to be in the Big Ten then we’re going to compete in the Big Ten, and we need those facilities to do that.”

Will it be for big money?

“That’s the plan,” Kaler said. “We don’t have all of the ‘T’s’ crossed and the ‘I’s’ dotted but we look forward to being able to make an announcement soon.”

The most recent update on Gophers fundraising for the project was $102 million of $190 million raised.

Could it be that a sponsor is going to come up with a big check for the naming rights to Williams Arena, like the new 3M Arena at Mariucci?

http://www.startribune.com/had-he-s...o-succeed-as-gophers-coach-in-2017/442311823/

Go Gophers!!

my crackpot idea - get Sherwin-Williams Paint to be the sponsor - and then you have Sherwin-Williams Arena. "Sure win" Williams arena. Get it? Excuse me, it's time for my medicine.

my crackpot idea - get Sherwin-Williams Paint to be the sponsor - and then you have Sherwin-Williams Arena. "Sure win" Williams arena. Get it? Excuse me, it's time for my medicine.

Not bad SON- not bad at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a pretty good "Old Man" joke!

I realize this is petty, but I hope it's not a company where the logo looks cheezy. I'm worried it will be something like the red CUB Foods logo. 3M for the hockey arena was about as good as you could get in my opinion.

Lou Nanne hinted at a big donor for the Village on Barreiro's show on Tuesday.

I like it a lot! Make it happen for a bizillion million to pay off the village.

Top Bottom