$2,000 tuition scholarship to be awarded to a U student each home game

Ha suck it students, now you have to wake up at 10:00am to get to the game on time

Why the animosity - I love to sleep in on Saturdays as much as any student.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the flip side, assuming that there are somewhere between 5k and 10k students at each game, they are only really missing out on somewhere between $.20 and $.40 by not attending.

Are u really this much of an ignorant jerk in real life? Nice reading too.

Are you guessing Coach Fleck because that is my guess.

Coach gets incentives based on attendance I believe.

Yes that's my guess. The optics of filling the student section is worth way more than $2,000 to this program and team. Would improve home-field advantage and the experience for the team

Yes that's my guess. The optics of filling the student section is worth way more than $2,000 to this program and team. Would improve home-field advantage and the experience for the team

Plus one of Coyle's stated reasons for bringing in Fleck is filling the student section.
Good way to try to make sure you're starting out on the right foot with the boss.

Because I understand probability and value? Life must be a mystery to you

I understand statistics quite well and use it daily in my field thank you. I don't understand your snarky comments about many things regarding the team, coach or students. What's your issue or just trolling for trolling sake?

I understand statistics quite well and use it daily in my field thank you. I don't understand your snarky comments about many things regarding the team, coach or students. What's your issue or just trolling for trolling sake?

Why are you so sensitive?
I'm sure that the general student body is smart enough to figure out that this isn't really _that_ much of an incentive to go to the games when you're spending $100 per ticket.
7 home games x $.40 = $2.80
Gopher "football only" student ticket = $99
If you're worried about ticket cost, this doesn't really make up for it.

Why are you so sensitive?
I'm sure that the general student body is smart enough to figure out that this isn't really _that_ much of an incentive to go to the games when you're spending $100 per ticket

Actually spending a tad over $14 per ticket so if I'm a poor student I'll sit my butt in a seat for a few hours after drinking a few beers before the game, enjoy the game and if someone wants to give me enough dough for beer money the rest of the year what's to hate?

Actually spending a tad over $14 per ticket so if I'm a poor student I'll sit my butt in a seat for a few hours after drinking a few beers before the game, enjoy the game and if someone wants to give me enough dough for beer money the rest of the year what's to hate?

I don't hate it at all? I actually think it's kinda clever and a nice idea.
I also don't think that it's going to draw that many more students into the stands, but I am not a sports promotion expert so whatever

From what I was told by a U official, this was a season ticket holder who wanted a way to keep the students at the entire game. The donor was tired of seeing half the students leave at halftime, so they came up with this incentive. Great idea.

I think they could tweak it a bit. Maybe every student who arrives before pregame gets an oar. Keep the random selection in the fourth quarter. That way we get students in the stands for the whole experience.

Baby steps I guess.

Classy move by some anonymous donor.

One caveat on that. Was talking about the scholarship offer. $14,000 worth of scholarship money is a solid donation. The mini-oar giveaway? Have to hope the student section doesn't get real upset with something that happens on the field.

Things have been thrown from the stands before...

Top Bottom