$2,000 tuition scholarship to be awarded to a U student each home game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Bleeping Genius level marketing. Goes after student attendance AND puts an incentive to getting to the game early. Love it.

Culture change is finally coming to the U. Thanks Eric, Mark, and PJ. It wouldn't have happened without you.

Bleeping Genius level marketing. Goes after student attendance AND puts an incentive to getting to the game early. Love it.

Not only that, but the drawing is in the fourth quarter - so there's incentive to stay as well.

Love this.

That's awesome! Get there early and stay well into the game. It's going to be fun watching the scholarships being awarded.

Ha suck it students, now you have to wake up at 10:00am to get to the game on time

What a great idea

I'm guessing we all know who the "Mystery Donor" is.

Can't wait for the new era to officially kick-off tomorrow!

Money talks. A sobering ingenious ploy to get student butts in seats early!

Let's hope the oars are made from foam of something that can't be thrown...having flashbacks to the infamous magazine wrapped in plastic game.

Ha suck it students, now you have to wake up at 10:00am to get to the game on time

My daughter will be a sophomore at the U this year. Had season tickets last year and again this year. Most of the students are partying at 7 or 8 a.m. They're late (or, for many, don't show up) because they don't want to leave the party.

Let's hope the oars are made from foam of something that can't be thrown...having flashbacks to the infamous magazine wrapped in plastic game.

I fondly remember the tiny megaphone game... forgot who that was... I swear the end zone was filled TWICE with them ;)

Fun times.

My daughter will be a sophomore at the U this year. Had season tickets last year and again this year. Most of the students are partying at 7 or 8 a.m. They're late (or, for many, don't show up) because they don't want to leave the party.

I don't recall anyone waking up at 7am for football when I was a student, and I know times haven't changed that much.

Tell her you will split the scholarship money 50/50. That should get her there..

+1000 If I was still a student, this would get me to every home game, and into my seats early.

I don't recall anyone waking up at 7am for football when I was a student, and I know times haven't changed that much.

I remember being in a Metrodome parking lot at 5:30 AM to tailgate for an 11 AM Axe game. Unfortunately it was 2005 and our punter gave away the game in the final minutes...

Does anyone know how many students the student section holds? What percentage of full is 5,000 students?

Does anyone know how many students the student section holds? What percentage of full is 5,000 students?

I think it has had a 10,000 capacity in the past, so that would be half full. I believe they reduce the capacity/open up seats to the general public after the first week. Of course, I don't think we've approached 10,000 students since the opening season at TCF. The past few years I think we've been around 6,000 student season ticket holders.

FINALLY a scholarship where I would have been qualified....

Brilliant! I absolutely love this!

To answer the previous question, I think the student section is ~ 8,000, but I'm not 100% sure.

On the flip side, assuming that there are somewhere between 5k and 10k students at each game, they are only really missing out on somewhere between $.20 and $.40 by not attending.

On the flip side, assuming that there are somewhere between 5k and 10k students at each game, they are only really missing out on somewhere between $.20 and $.40 by not attending.

I don't think doing the math this way is applicable to the situation. You either win 2,000 or nothing.

I remember being in a Metrodome parking lot at 5:30 AM to tailgate for an 11 AM Axe game. Unfortunately it was 2005 and our punter gave away the game in the final minutes...

Worst Gopher game loss of all time (I watched the Michigan on TV). Mason said he didn't prepare the punter for what to do in case of a bad snap because he didn't want to put a negative thought into his head. If he'd just thrown the ball through the end zone instead of trying to punt it, we would have won the game. PJ prepares his team for every situation and that is what is going to make a difference, IMHO

Top Bottom