Week 1 Other Games Thread

Yes - 2 int

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, Purdue put up a damn good fight in some spots but they also made some horrendous mistakes. Now let's see how Nebraska finishes.

The "targeting' call on the DT from Purdue was one of the worst I have ever seen. A 340 pound guy, while being blocked, pushed into a QB moving forward and hit him in the chest = targeting= kicked out of game

It turns out, that possibly the current HC of Purdue is the guy everyone (us, Oregon,...) should have hired. Purdue was awful last year (except against us) and Brohm had them looking like a top 25 team tonight.

Yeah.... With the way the B1G is playing, we're not going 7-0 if we keep playing vanilla like we did vs Buffalo. Maryland and Purdue bombed two ranked teams. We scraped by a 2-10 Mac team

Not sure I agree with benching your starter who is 18/26 with two touchdowns because of a pick 6.

Wow. Nebraska got pushed to the brink there. I thought they were fine when it was like 40 something to 29, but nope. What a finish.

The "targeting' call on the DT from Purdue was one of the worst I have ever seen. A 340 pound guy, while being blocked, pushed into a QB moving forward and hit him in the chest = targeting= kicked out of game

It turns out, that possibly the current HC of Purdue is the guy everyone (us, Oregon,...) should have hired. Purdue was awful last year (except against us) and Brohm had them looking like a top 25 team tonight.

Improved yes, but not top 25. They still gave up over 500 yards and turned the ball over 4 times. Louisville probably should have scored 50 on them.

Yeah.... With the way the B1G is playing, we're not going 7-0 if we keep playing vanilla like we did vs Buffalo. Maryland and Purdue bombed two ranked teams. We scraped by a 2-10 Mac team

It's amusing how every year people overreact over the first week of CFB scores. In my opinion, the only two games where style points are meaningless - are first week and postseason.

So late night observations, LSU should be ranked higher in the next poll. Not saying BYU is a super power this season or anything, but LSU has pushed them around for the time that I've watched the game and from the score it seems like the Tigers have always been in control.

I didn't watch either of those games, and maybe Maryland really is great this year, and Purdue suddenly has a defense, but Texas would be more properly labeled rank than ranked. As I posted before I really don't have a clue how a perenially mediocre and 5 win team last year gets into the top 25 poll other than name/recruiting ranks, and hope.

Why didn't TCU get in? Better record, beat Texas soundly straight up IIRC. Top 25 recruiting class IIRC.

Maybe Herman already has Texas as a 9 win team this year but that would be a really nice increase from last year. My point is, I'm not totally sold at this point in time.

Howard just beat UNLV. They were 45 point underdogs.

Wow. Nebraska got pushed to the brink there. I thought they were fine when it was like 40 something to 29, but nope. What a finish.

That was a fun game! Ark State is a highly entertaining group. Those onside kicks were absolute perfection (contrast with whatever we did the last 5 years). That offense was REALLY fun to watch and the sidearm QB - loved him. That little scatback was great. Nebraska played well on offense but as always hard to really gauge when playing against a physically overmatched defense. Their defense is far from Wisconsin-like or even MN-like at this time. Tanner Lee looked good - nice strong arm but not very mobile. If he has time he looks very accurate. The key with him will be getting pressure in his face, hitting him early and often. It will be interesting to see them play a good defense.

Howard just beat UNLV. They were 45 point underdogs.

I guess this is the highest point spread upset in college football history. If someone bet $100 for Howard to win outright, they would win $55,000

It's amusing how every year people overreact over the first week of CFB scores. In my opinion, the only two games where style points are meaningless - are first week and postseason.

People keep saying (year after year whether kill or Fleck), "were playing vanilla on purpose to hide our offense)" but wouldn't most of not all teams do that? A lot of these other schools doubled our point margin and against far superior teams...

People keep saying (year after year whether kill or Fleck), "were playing vanilla on purpose to hide our offense)" but wouldn't most of not all teams do that? A lot of these other schools doubled our point margin and against far superior teams...

I don't think it's so much they're hiding the playbook as much as installing their system and developing their players and a comfort level. Does Fleck want Rhoda or Croft making important RPO decisions on their own at this point? Based on the interviews after the game I think they're both leashed at this point, limiting their ability to get out of bad plays and maximize the full RPO potential. If they aren't substantially better by game 7 then it's time to start fretting. The offense will be even better next year.

I was intrigued by the Arkansas St QB Justice Hansen. If you saw the game you know what I mean. Deadly accurate side-armed gunslinger, tall, thick, good legs. If his receivers could catch they would have won that game.

Turns out he was originally a Scout 300 recruit out of HS, signed with Oklahoma. He transferred for unknown reasons.

He'll be one to keep an eye on.

Two good games tonight:

Texas A&M vs. UCLA
West Virginia vs. VA Tech

Not a whole lot of rooting interest in these games. Guess I'm pulling for Virginia Tech in the latter.

Two good games tonight:

Texas A&M vs. UCLA
West Virginia vs. VA Tech

Not a whole lot of rooting interest in these games. Guess I'm pulling for Virginia Tech in the latter.

Would love UCLA and WVU

I don't like the confederacy

I was intrigued by the Arkansas St QB Justice Hansen. If you saw the game you know what I mean. Deadly accurate side-armed gunslinger, tall, thick, good legs. If his receivers could catch they would have won that game.

Turns out he was originally a Scout 300 recruit out of HS, signed with Oklahoma. He transferred for unknown reasons.

He'll be one to keep an eye on.

I had similar thoughts while watching that game. Hansen could really sling the ball around. Another break or two and they may have won it. The officiating was HORRID.

I had similar thoughts while watching that game. Hansen could really sling the ball around. Another break or two and they may have won it. The officiating was HORRID.

247 rated him a 96 4 star out of high school. Looks it. Dare I say...Favre-like?

So, Texas A&M is destroying UCLA in the first half, 31-3. Sure won't be good for Mora if it stays this way. WVU vs VT is much more competitive, 7-3, also still in the first half.

UCLA trying to make a comeback. Now down by 13 but A&M driving again.

Top Bottom