Week 1 Other Games Thread

Stan

Reaction score
Here we are, the first full week/weekend of games! Here are the "other" big games this week:

Ohio State at Indiana in a rare August Big Ten game
Washington at Rutgers
Colorado State at Colorado
Maryland at Texas
NC State at South Carolina
Michigan at Florida
Western Michigan at USC
Louisville at Purdue
Florida State vs Alabama
BYU at LSU
West Virginia at Virginia Tech
Texas A&M at UCLA
Tennessee at Ga Tech
etc.

Wyoming at Iowa could be a sneaky good game. Pokes have a QB (Allen) that is being touted as the potential #1 pick in next year's draft - would not be surprised to see them pull off an upset in Iowa City.

As for the other B1G big games, I have OSU, Washington, Texas, Michigan (the Gators have how many players suspended?), Louisville.

Obviously Bama v Florida St is the juiciest game of the week. I'm excited for that one.

Western Michigan at USC could be interesting too. USC is a dark horse for the playoffs this year and it could all end early. Trojans should win...

Wyoming at Iowa could be a sneaky good game. Pokes have a QB (Allen) that is being touted as the potential #1 pick in next year's draft - would not be surprised to see them pull off an upset in Iowa City.

As for the other B1G big games, I have OSU, Washington, Texas, Michigan (the Gators have how many players suspended?), Louisville.

Chuckle, everyone wants to spot the next Big Ben. I've seen widely divergent views on him. Last year was his first year as starter, threw 5 picks vs Nebraska, that's not good. Decent stats, ideal size. It will be interesting to see what happens this season, particularly vs Iowa. I'll be cheering for him to light up Iowa! No conference loyalty...

This is a pretty great weekend of football.

Here we are, the first full week/weekend of games! Here are the "other" big games this week:

Ohio State at Indiana in a rare August Big Ten game
Washington at Rutgers
Colorado State at Colorado
Maryland at Texas
NC State at South Carolina
Michigan at Florida
Western Michigan at USC
Louisville at Purdue
Florida State vs Alabama
BYU at LSU
West Virginia at Virginia Tech
Texas A&M at UCLA
Tennessee at Ga Tech
etc.

That is a good looking list of games.

Florida State vs Alabama is a crazy first week game!

Being that im in the south thats all people have been talking about for months!!

Why is the Big Ten playing a conference game so early on?

Why is the Big Ten playing a conference game so early on?

"It's part of the Big Ten's initiative to get some of our conference games earlier in the year. They ran it by us and Indiana, and we agreed to do it," Martin Jarmond, Ohio State's Deputy Director of Athletics told cleveland.com.

Next season, Purdue vs Northwestern week 1.

Indiana just took the lead, 21-20. They might just do this.

Scratch that, Ohio State just unleashed their speed, got a 2-point conversion. 35-21.

Scratch that, Ohio State just unleashed their speed, got a 2-point conversion. 35-21.

I don't see the Iow game as being close. Remember Craig Bohl is coaching at Wyoming. Way, way overrated. Prime example of the Peter principle.

I don't see the Iow game as being close. Remember Craig Bohl is coaching at Wyoming. Way, way overrated. Prime example of the Peter principle.

Bohl is incompetant? Really? A list of people that I would hire Bohl ahead of would include Kill, Claeys, Brewster and many more. Maybe you don't like the guy, but his competance level exceeds anyone hired in MN the last 10 years, sans maybe Fleck, we will see on that.

Bohl is incompetant? Really? A list of people that I would hire Bohl ahead of would include Kill, Claeys, Brewster and many more. Maybe you don't like the guy, but his competance level exceeds anyone hired in MN the last 10 years, sans maybe Fleck, we will see on that.

Look at Lance Leipold for Buffalo. 6 National Titles in 8 years at Wisconsin-Whitewater. Minor league titles don't mean crap in the majors. It's nice, we're happy for you, but that doesn't mean Bohl will succeed at this level. I'd be happy if he does, but some minor titles at NDSU don't guarantee anything.

Look at Lance Leipold for Buffalo. 6 National Titles in 8 years at Wisconsin-Whitewater. Minor league titles don't mean crap in the majors. It's nice, we're happy for you, but that doesn't mean Bohl will succeed at this level. I'd be happy if he does, but some minor titles at NDSU don't guarantee anything.

Buffalo in the majors? MN, Army, FAU, Colgate and a MAC schedule? Going undefeated would get them a free bowl of soup. At this level, Buffalo, really now. Having to get up for 1 game puts you in the majors.

Love watching triple-option teams. Army is crushing Fordham thus far.

Who's excited to see Jerry Kill's kick ass offense unleashed tonight?

Are you high? Seriously asking. Go back to the Bisonville forum

Rutgers stop Washington on their first drive. Kill's offense takes it down the field and they score a touchdown.

7-0 Rutgers

Yeah, Rutgers are looking pretty sharp.

There's that Kill offense. Rutgers backed up on their own 1 yard line runs 3 straight RUTM for no gain. Rutgers then punts out of the back of their own endzone and it's returned for a TD. Washington up 10-7.

Can you believe the disrespect of wisconsin starting on Friday night overshadowing all the high school games...oh, sorry, that would only be a topic of conversation if the Gophers had done it.

Hornibrook gets sacked twice on the Badgers first possession. USU first and goal after nice drive. I like it.

Good thing we don't have to play Rutgers this year...they are better than us.

Utah State strikes first on Wisconsin late in the first quarter.

3-0

Top Bottom