Week 1 Other Games Thread

Man, all that bravado in this thread died as fast as the Vikings chances at the division last season.

Minnesota - the land of taking L's

The tale of two halves. Your team was embarrassing for the first 28 minutes. To their credit they regrouped and looked like a recent vintage Wisconsin team vs a depth and talent challenged Utah State. Utah State were obviously physically outmatched.

Fumagali is obviously Hornibrook's security blanket. He is a really good player (Fumagali, not Hornibrook). It is going to take a talented and disruptive defense to really have a chance to get to Hornibrook, cover Fumagali, and stop their run game.

Maybe Chryst should buy a jugs machine for your WRs and RBs.

It's nice to see the holding is in mid-season form.

Poor Wisconsin, how/will they recover from this debacle?

Your QB throws a Nerf football. You have no WR's except for ***gali, or whatever his name is?
I wouldn't be thumping my chest with a 10-10 tie aganist a team Buffelo would beat.

Orgeron with that Cajun twang is perfection for LSU. Hope it works out.

I had forgotten Craig Bohl ended up at Wyoming.
I'd love a home and home with them at some point.

Former Gopher commit for a day Smith-Marsette fumbles on his first touch ever.

Maryland just went up on Texas after the Longhorns missed a FG. 14-7.

Scratch that. Terps just blocked a kick for a return, 21-7 now.

Another update, Maryland is rolling. 60-some yard touchdown, 27-7.

Is the guy playing QB for Maryland the same guy that played against the Gophers last year?
Texas cannot stop them

Your QB throws a Nerf football. You have no WR's except for ***gali, or whatever his name is?
I wouldn't be thumping my chest with a 10-10 tie aganist a team Buffelo would beat.

Ruppert, you are without a doubt the most consistent poster on the hole.

Terps drive again and get a field goal. 30-14. They're actually looking pretty solid out there.

Is the guy playing QB for Maryland the same guy that played against the Gophers last year?

Yep, Pigrome.

Texas cannot stop them

Yeah same guy. He's throwing to wide open guys in this one though. Maryland's running backs look really good. Not sure if it's Maryland has improved or Texas is just a dumpster fire.

Another update, Maryland is rolling. 60-some yard touchdown, 27-7.

As I mentioned in an earlier post. While Wyoming uniforms look good, their coaching is horrendous. Who else but Craig Bohl . When's it's 4th. and less than 1, hands the ball back 5 yards and of course, doesn't get the first down. He made this call on 3 different occasions, never getting the first down. Think about it, 4th.and 1 becomes 4th. and 6 with 8 or 9 in the box. I feel sorry for the Wyoming players. Iowa on the other hand is beatable especially if the officials watch for holding on the off. line. #75 hasn't blocked anyone yet, just grabs and holds. outside of Ohio State, I think we can compete with the teams thus -- haven't seen NW or Mich.

That Josh Allen intentional grounding was hilarious. Stanley reminds me of Leidner so far. Nice toss up the seam to Fant, etc, but careless with the ball. Sloppy game overall. I've been impressed by Wyoming overall other than the punter. Gave the game away on that punt "attempt". Physically though, these guys make Utah State look like scrubs.

Oregon State over Portland State 7-6. Anybody who thought TCF was empty Thursday night ought to take a look at Reser Stadium. It looks uncontaminated by ticket holders.

Penn State has looked pretty awesome. And everyone always point back to their game against MN where everything turned around for them -.-

Ball State was looking to at least tie Illinois with a FG but fumbled the ball away under a minute to go.

Ball State calls a timeout on Illinois 37 yard line.

Hagee attempts a 54 yard FG. Iced twice. Once by an official. Once by Illinois. Make that twice by Illinois.

It was blocked.

Illinois wins 24-21

Oregon State over Portland State 7-6. Anybody who thought TCF was empty Thursday night ought to take a look at Reser Stadium. It looks uncontaminated by ticket holders.

Looks like OSU will go into the Half up 14-6.

DJ Durkin getting some talent at Maryland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ Durkin getting some talent at Maryland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hill, their true Freshman QB showed a lot of poise to get that last TD.

44-34 MD with 7:34 to go.

Big Ten has snagged some wins so far today, though, they were predicted.
Penn State 52, Akron 0
Michigan State 35, Bowling Green 10
Illinois 24, Ball State 21
Iowa 24, Wyoming 3

With our win and Wisconsin's, only Rutgers has lost in the noncon.

Top Bottom