Amway Coaches Poll trophy

I always find it odd that a known pyramid scam, can can sponsor mainstream events/trophies.

I always find it odd that a known pyramid scam, can can sponsor mainstream events/trophies.

I am NOT a fan of Amway, but MLM companies as a whole, are far more legitimate than many so-called legit businesses out there. I mean, come on, this country, in general, has turned towards corruption as a way of life. So whoopdeedoo, a MLM company, and a successful one at that, is treated as an equal to other businesses, so what. Amway may be more legit than all of the others, because they are open about how they do business, whereas other "supposedly" legit businesses just steal and scam you secretly.

Oh, and it's NOT a scam. If you are TOO STUPID to know how a pyramid payment structure works, that just means you are STUPID, not that the company recruiting you is a scam.

Amway and the dozens of other LEGIT MLM companies out there deserve better than for you to falsely accuse them of being scams.

IIRC the way the law differentiates MLM from pyramid scheme is whether the majority of revenues come from sales to third parties or whether the majority of revenue is derived from signing up new members that are required to purchase x amount of merchandise.

An old friend is involved with what I suspect could be a pyramid scheme. They direct sale outrageously overpriced Chinese fitness bands. I did a little research on the company after he propositioned me and the same band (with a different cover and band but identical inner hardware/sensors) can be bought from overseas distributors for about 1/10 the price. I can't fault the guy for trying to make a living. Caveat emptor as always.

I am NOT a fan of Amway, but MLM companies as a whole, are far more legitimate than many so-called legit businesses out there. I mean, come on, this country, in general, has turned towards corruption as a way of life. So whoopdeedoo, a MLM company, and a successful one at that, is treated as an equal to other businesses, so what. Amway may be more legit than all of the others, because they are open about how they do business, whereas other "supposedly" legit businesses just steal and scam you secretly.

I think that assertion might be a bit broad.

Oh, and it's NOT a scam. If you are TOO STUPID to know how a pyramid payment structure works, that just means you are STUPID, not that the company recruiting you is a scam.

Amway and the dozens of other LEGIT MLM companies out there deserve better than for you to falsely accuse them of being scams.

Well, I have twice been given an Amway pitch. In each case, I was invited to come see an acquaintance, talk about some things I might be interested in, etc. In each case, the name Amway was not mentioned until late. Frankly, I felt a bit personally scammed, meaning I had been misled in order to get my attention, though I never felt anything illegal was done. That is not to cast any criticism on Amway distributors in general. I have no doubt that some have built successful ethical businesses.

I would be surprised if anything they do systematically is illegal. In fact, with the amount of scrutiny they are under, I suspect they are careful to avoid crossing the line.

However, I don't really like their business model. Mostly because of the personal ackwardness of being given the Amway pitch. If that makes me STUPID, OK.

Top Bottom