Gopher-friendly bars outside of Minnesota 2017

Chicago Gophers

Reaction score
It's that time of year, where do people in your neck of the woods gather to watch Gopher Football?

The Chicago crew will once again be at The Other Side Bar in Lincoln Park: https://www.facebook.com/TheOSBarChicago/

**if you want to start something in your part of the country, sometimes you have to take initiative and call local establishments, most of them are happy to draw in extra customers, the hard part is getting the word out**

Does anyone know if there is a gopher friendly bar in the Greater Seattle Area? Just moved to Redmond and I am having a bit of trouble finding a place to catch the games.

San Francisco: The Final Final
2990 Baker St, San Francisco, California 94123

Anyone know of a bar in DC-Maryland area? Out visiting for the week and have a few friends from MN here and we are looking for a place to watch.

Phoenix:
Goldies Neighborhood Sports Cafe
10135 E Vía Linda
Scottsdale, AZ 85258

Does anyone know if there is a gopher friendly bar in the Greater Seattle Area? Just moved to Redmond and I am having a bit of trouble finding a place to catch the games.

When I was stationed at Fort Lewis, O'Blarney' Irish Pub in Olympia was the spot for Gopher and Viking games. Not sure of anything up your way.

I lived near Seattle in 1997, and hung out in Seattle alot, and every single Washingtonian that I knew had absolutely NO respect whatsoever for the Big Ten, much less Minnesota. I had most of my co-workers wanting to bet money that the Gophers would lose to Temple in the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney that year. 95% of them best against the Gophers in their Sweet 16 game, and 125% of them bet against the Gophers in their game vs UCLA. I made a sh1t load of money up to that point, and even when it was nice out, I wore my winter Gopher coat, and basically everyone of my co-workers hated me at this point. And honestly, I got fired soon after this and I think my being a Gopher fan and having taken so much money from my co-workers had an influence in my being fired. And I wasn't a bad employee, I got more positive customer written and submitted comments than any other employee in the warehouse, and it wasn't even close. lol

Not sure things are the same out there now, but there was not one single place anywhere in the greater Seattle area that I can think of where Gopher fans would feel in any way welcome.

Any Nashville Gophers on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's that time of year, where do people in your neck of the woods gather to watch Gopher Football?

The Chicago crew will once again be at The Other Side Bar in Lincoln Park: https://www.facebook.com/TheOSBarChicago/

**if you want to start something in your part of the country, sometimes you have to take initiative and call local establishments, most of them are happy to draw in extra customers, the hard part is getting the word out**

THIS. Great job, Chicago Gophers doing just this. The more informal alumni groups we have throughout the country, the better. It's not hard, call a place, put a post up here, tweet it (tweet me if you do and I'll RT it), and eventually, they will come.

Anyone live near the Tampa/St.Pete area?

We're in Bradenton. Do you know of a Gopher bar down here? Afraid we don't.

I live in Tampa... I'm not sure if there's a Gophers bar, per se. But I could be talked into heading out some place to watch...?

There are a couple of places in Bradenton I think would be great spots to watch games. First is Motorwerks Brewing on 9th St W south of downtown. The other is Evie's Tavern on 53rd Ave W near IMG Academy. The beer garden at Motorwerks is fabulous and has cornhole. I've heard Evie's shows Buckeye games which might be an issue, but it's a good bet they carry BTN and the food is good. Just a couple of suggestions.

Anyone know of a bar in DC-Maryland area? Out visiting for the week and have a few friends from MN here and we are looking for a place to watch.

Not sure there is one. I've been looking too. But if a game isn't on BTN/ESPN/ESPN2/FS1 I usually head over to the Brookland Pint (largely just because it is close to my house). One of the bartenders last season had a relative who used to play for the Gophers, so he was always happy to put the game on. Always happy to have more Gophers around!

There are a couple of places in Bradenton I think would be great spots to watch games. First is Motorwerks Brewing on 9th St W south of downtown. The other is Evie's Tavern on 53rd Ave W near IMG Academy. The beer garden at Motorwerks is fabulous and has cornhole. I've heard Evie's shows Buckeye games which might be an issue, but it's a good bet they carry BTN and the food is good. Just a couple of suggestions.

Motorwerks is a good idea. Never been to Evie's. I may stop by next couple days and see if they have any college football fan clubs going.

Looking to watch the opener in Amsterdam if there are any Gopher fans here send me a message please.

Top Bottom