can anyone find anything current on the Marching Band pregame plaza performance?

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
I asked this question about a week ago as part of the band thread and there were some thoughts and opinions shared but nobody could actually point to a current link regarding the marching band's pregame plaza performance that dates back to the Metrodome. It used to be an hour before kickoff and more recently was scheduled for 80 minutes prior to kick off. The website info is amazingly out of date (check out this link, speaking of the metrodome):

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082207aac.html

Now that it is game week, can anyone prove the pregame plaza (Oak Street) performance will still happen? If so, is there a link that anyone can find related to that?

I have heard that the "victory walk" is no longer the Victory walk and will now be the Ski-U-March and it will take place on the opposite end of the stadium. However, most current website info from the U still points to the open end of the stadium and still calls it the "victory march" . Long story short, it is really hard to find something official that says what is actually going on pre-game.

I belive the performance has been moved to tribal plaza as the other side street will have more food trucks now.

389972787f6035da362a806193ad29bd.jpg

per the Strib:
A new Ski-U-March will take the place of the former Victory Walk. The team still will greet fans and enter the stadium along with the spirit squad and the band before the game. The Ski-U-March will be held at the same time as the Victory Walk, 2.5 hours prior to kickoff, but the route will now bring the team into TCF Bank Stadium through the Lake of the Woods entrance on the east (closed bowl) end of the stadium, off 23rd Ave. SE near the Gold and Gopher Lots and the student entrance at Gate C.

In addition, the band plaza show moved as well, see Gopher07's post for that info.

There will also be a small performance between the Maroon and Gold tailgating lots on the band's way back to the stadium.

There will also be a small performance between the Maroon and Gold tailgating lots on the band's way back to the stadium.

After the plaza show? That's new! I like it! Can't wait until I can make it to a game to watch!

Top Bottom