Detroit Free Press "Bold Prediction: Minnesota will miss out on a bowl

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Free Press:

Three bold predictions

Minnesota will miss out on a bowl

Former Western Michigan coach P.J. Fleck is now rowing the boat in the land of 10,000 lakes. He’ll bring the Golden Gophers a lot of national exposure — and already has with his reality TV show “Being P.J. Fleck.” What he won’t bring them is a sixth consecutive bowl appearance.

Northwestern will win the West

It’s possible, given its home schedule — Penn State, Iowa, Michigan State, Purdue and Minnesota. Its Sept. 30 games against Wisconsin is the toughest road game on its slate.

Northwestern’s Justin Jackson finishes his career with more than 6,000 rushing yards

He’s starting the season with 4,129 yards. Jackson rushed for 1,524 yards and 15 touchdowns last season, so it’s certainly within reason to think he’ll get close to the 1,871 yards needed to reach that lofty plateau.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/2017/08/27/big-ten-football-west-division/597828001/

Go Gophers!!

Big Ten West Division - Detroit Free Press

Minnesota

2016: 9-4, 5-4 Big Ten, tied for fourth in West.

Reason to believe: Western Michigan played hard for coach P.J. Fleck. So will the Gophers. They all appear to be rowing the boat in the same direction. And don’t forget: This team went 9-4 last season, albeit with a soft schedule (no Ohio State or Michigan).

Big hole to fill: Drew Wolitarsky, who made third-team All-Big Ten, had great value as a receiver. Gophers quarterbacks targeted him 102 times, 63 more than anyone else.

Breakout player: Tai’Yon Devers had some highs as a freshman (three forced fumbles) but finished the season with just five tackles. Expect him to be a menace at defensive end.

Season is a success if … The Gophers make a run at the Big Ten West title. Don’t be shocked if they start 7-0 after facing Buffalo, Oregon State, Middle Tennessee, Maryland, Purdue, Michigan State and Illinois.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...ten-football-west-division-preview/105039974/

And Micheeeegan will finish 3rd in the East. Write that story for your Detroit readers.

Minnesota will miss out on a bowl

Don’t be shocked if they start 7-0

They are covering all the bases.

I mean they're kinda like us right?
I believe this team should win somewhere between 6-8.
BUT
Our schedule is favorable enough for us to win 9 and make a B1G West title run.
We have a inexperienced coach and may not be competitive at all.

I just really hope that PJ knows what he's doing.

I mean they're kinda like us right?
I believe this team should win somewhere between 6-8.
BUT
Our schedule is favorable enough for us to win 9 and make a B1G West title run.
We have a inexperienced coach and may not be competitive at all.

I just really hope that PJ knows what he's doing.

He seems to be quick study. Smart enough to get the WMU job at such a young age. Smart enough to assemble what appears to be a good staff around himself here.

Top Bottom